PDA

View Full Version : what piston?

hondadude101
09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
My piston seezed cuz i was a bumbass and didnt check the antifreeze when i got it and it was totally dry, probly gonna have to bore it out, wanting to know what size kit to get and what compression and brand, i dont race and im not going to run race gas in it, dont want to resleeve it, looking at the 96mm 12:1 CP piston, can i do 12.5:1 comp without running race gas? also if i can id like to get the 97mm kit but would that be too thin of sidewall?

Kovatch
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
A CP 12.5:1 will be perfect. You can run pump gas.

I don't mess with big bores so I can't help ya. Sorry.

mxpimp2000
09-28-2011, 07:26 AM
98mm athena big bore dont waste money on cylinder works because the cylinders crack overtime "Not always but mostly" also the athena is way better cylinder in quality. I wouldnt bore the stock sleeve or resleeve it thats just asking for more issues later on. the athena cylinders are a hair shorter so if you use different piston than supplied with the kit make sure you measure squish because some aftermarket pistons deck height is different and will cause piston to hit the valves. Some people order thicker base gaskets from ESR and some use 2 oem base gaskets. i would use athena