PDA

View Full Version : My Best Race Ever was at MOTODOME yesterday!

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 08:17 PM
I finished second in my Heat race out of 5 quads. One guy crashed in the whoops and busted a tie rod or something cuz he DNF'ed with a wobbly front wheel.

He got it togeter for the feature race. There were only 5 quads in the 250 class so everybody got to go to the feature race.

In the feature, I pulled 3rd place in the holeshot. Me and the guy on the blue 250R (behind me in the pic) had a really great race going. He would pass me and I would pass him. This went on for about 3 laps. Unfortunately, on about the 4th lap, his chain roller came off and jammed in his front sprocket stopping him dead. He got it going again, but was out of it by that time.. :( One of the guys in front of me got a flat tire and I was able to get around him and get second place for the feature. I hate to place well only cuz the others had mechanical failures, but it was still a lot of fun. I think I would have place third if not for the flat tire guy. The guy who took first was probably half a lap ahead of all the rest of us. He was nowhere in my sights! :eek: :eek:

Second place is the first loser! :blah

zzbudzz
02-24-2003, 08:22 PM
2nd beats 3rd ,4th,and 5th! everyday where i'm from! good job!

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2003, 08:24 PM
sweet... got any more pics??.. i have been meaning to go there and never have gotten around to it.. dont think i will this year cuz im starting to rip my blaster down b4 the distict 23 season gets going

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks!

I have 3 other second place trophies. Nothing else! I either come in dead last, or second place.:rolleyes:

I will keep trying though!

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2003, 08:30 PM
anymore pics??

dabombdale
02-24-2003, 08:30 PM
how are your works shocks?

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
sweet... got any more pics??..

I only have one other picture that turned out decent. My wife was behind the chainlink running the video camera and the digital still camera at the same time. Next time I will get her down there so the fence is not in the way.

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by dabombdale
how are your works shocks?

They are a ton better than stock. But, when landing from a larger jump, they tend to "bounce" back. It is better than bottoming out, but I definately need something different.

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2003, 08:40 PM
philmoore.. are you racing any district 23 this year? or at brainerd?

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I got my D23 card the other day. I am #173

I will try to hit the scrambles. But, I may hit a couple MX. I heard Millville is hosting a gnc. I think that would be fun to run in as long as it is so close to home.

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
Yeah, I got my D23 card the other day. I am #173

I will try to hit the scrambles. But, I may hit a couple MX. I heard Millville is hosting a gnc. I think that would be fun to run in as long as it is so close to home.

unfortinatly its not a GNC, its WORCS series race and it is more of a cross country race, they have actualy held it there for 3 years now but i also just heard about it this year from the D23 messageboards but it sure would still be fun to check out!

and btw my district 23 number is 37, maybe ill see you around this summer

kicker696
02-24-2003, 09:02 PM
when is the next race at this place, and where is it, i really wanna hit it up, it looks like an awesome track, do they have a web page?

flyin#5
02-24-2003, 09:03 PM
wow that motodome looks cool. when i get a new quad that looks like a good place to go during the winter. maybe ill see you guys at one of the d23 races this year too. i dont race yet but i like to come and watch and get a feel for some of the tracks before i start to race in a couple years.

PhilMoore
02-24-2003, 09:08 PM
http://motocityraceway.homestead.com/Schedules.html

QuadJunkies
02-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
I only have one other picture that turned out decent. My wife was behind the chainlink running the video camera and the digital still camera at the same time. Next time I will get her down there so the fence is not in the way. hahah I had to do the same thing.. Hard to take pics and video at the same time:p ..I agree.. 2nd beats 3rd 4th and so on..Nice pics.;)

infantry317
02-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Congrats Phil! I ran out of dinero to race this last weekend, I'm hoping to be up there in two weeks. Hey 2nd beats my getting lapped :( . Man I've gotta learn doubles .:mad: I'll be at the Harescrambles this year D23 #73, I'm gonna race B class. Maybe I'll see you up there at the dome, whats your ride look like?
Scott

PhilMoore
02-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
Congrats Phil! I ran out of dinero to race this last weekend, I'm hoping to be up there in two weeks. Hey 2nd beats my getting lapped :( . Man I've gotta learn doubles .:mad: I'll be at the Harescrambles this year D23 #73, I'm gonna race B class. Maybe I'll see you up there at the dome, whats your ride look like?
Scott

I have a Blue '87 toyota X-Tra cab with a home made flatbed.
I am #173 Red 400EX with Maier front fenders.

For the Harescrambles, I will put my stock fenders back on!

There was only one double jump I didn't try this time because it was just a little too big. I don't think any quads were clearing it. The rest were pretty easy, and they were very forgiving.

infantry317
02-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Duh! Guess I could look at the pics on the first page :rolleyes: :devil