PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable Q

nelzar13
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
so i think i may need a new clutch cable or i just can't adjust my tension right, who knows?
Any ways my symptoms are that when im in mid gear or so and whack the throttle i get some clutch slipage and have to back off the throttle a bit and then get back on it... now thats on the running side of things i guess you could say... How ever i can adjust it so that it does'nt slip, but the down side to that is that when im off the bike and go to move it while its in gear by pulling in the clutch and pushing there is a severe amounts of drag since the clutch is still some what engaged im guessing.. i would think my cables prob. stretched? no clue if its original or not..maybe my clutch plates are worn?
whats your opinions Gents..

01boneless
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
i had the same problem so i bought a new cable helped but still did it some. turns out it was my oil (10w30) i switched to rotella 15w40 and no problems ever again.

CJM
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Either you need new clutch plates and or fibers or your oil your using is not for a wet clutch type system.

Stickman400
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
If you can't get it adjusted after messing with it a few times it's probably your plates. I've replaced mine twice and it acted like that both times.

lilholt7
09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
just the other week i was low on oil so i used a little bit of my buddys Kawasaki oil. which while ridding caused my clutch to slip. so ive changed my oil 3 times now using honda 10w-30 oil. tonight while ridding my cable broke so im gonna replace that and if i still slips im gonna be confused because the guy that owned it before me said it has a almost new racing clutch and he wouldnt lie about it cause hes my dads friend.

nelzar13
09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks for the imput guys... just so you know im running maxima oil. never really had a problem till recently with clutch slipage... but looks like its time to buy a new one, and a cable while im at it i suppose..

lilholt7
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Well before you buy a clutch and put it in try a cable there only $20 and easy replacement. And if it still slips replace your clutch. You could get lucky with the cable being the only bad thing.

nelzar13
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
just ordered both of them... to bad im so god dam busy with work i wont get a chance to put them in any time soon, or ride for that matter