PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Carrier

bansheeboyo
09-25-2011, 06:14 AM
HI HOWS IT GOING
So im looking into buying a new bearing carrier for my R which is the best for a stock swinger ?
or would i be better buying a after market swinger and be done with it ?
cheers scott

Ruf Racing
09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
I installed one of these about a year ago. Nice piece, good price.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/RideRed187/250R%20Pics%20Parts/BurgardCarrier.jpg

DoonRider
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
That's the one I was thinking about buying too. Decent price.
Thanks for the review.

TLR-Online
09-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I just bought an RPM Dual Row Carrier a few weeks ago. Couldnt be happier with it, the service was great too.

http://www.team-rpm.com/bearing_carriers.htm

I have had some burgard products, and they are nice quality.

250Renvy
09-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Just an FYI, all bearing carriers should fit a stock swingarm.

There are many on ebay for decent prices, however look into where the bearings are made. USA made are most likely better than China bearings.

bansheeboyo
09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
WHATS BETTER TWINROW OR TAPERED?

Meat
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I bought the same carrier as the one Ruf Racing posted and its awesome. Its a twin-row. The great thing about it is that you use a 3/8th extension bar from your socket set to adjust the chain. No more shiitty chain adjuster bar, no more round holes that become oblonged.

I've tried both type of carriers and I'd take the twin-row over the tapered. First of all, a twin-row set will work for 99% of the time, even if you're a racer. Secondly, the bearings are easier to get and they are cheaper. Thirdly is the twin-rows are sooooo much easier to adjust, you just butt the anti-fade up to the end of the carrier as tight as possible and you're ready to go. Where the tapered carrier you have to set the correct amount of drag on the carrier and while thats not the hardest thing in the world to do, its definitely a pain in the asss. And then when you get a shiitpile of miles on the tapered carrier, you have adjust that drag again. Twin-row you just tighten it all up and go.

Ruf Racing
09-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Meat
The great thing about it is that you use a 3/8th extension bar from your socket set to adjust the chain. No more shiitty chain adjuster bar, no more round holes that become oblonged.

^^ :D ^^ This is a nice feature too!