PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Adventurous?

ATVMX33
09-25-2011, 05:58 AM
So i have one year that im not tied to any one job, so im gonna do as much as possible.
november im gonna drive to brawley, CA and try to get a job there for one month..and live in my truck in glamis....
Just gonna take my truck and bike..
Im trying to decide whether to go at it alone or bring someone...
If anyone wants to do something similar let me know. I'm driving from PA so basically going across the whole country

bigE28
09-25-2011, 06:25 AM
WTF? did that ONCE! 2 of us drove for 2 days straight,took a "break" in flagstaff.then drove the rest of the way to san fran. we were kind of in a hurry tho! if you have time to enjoy yourself, it may not be that bad. most people will not have a year to travel like that. hope you have a good time!! you only live once, so live it up!!

DnB_racing
09-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
So i have one year that im not tied to any one job, so im gonna do as much as possible.
november im gonna drive to brawley, CA and try to get a job there for one month..and live in my truck in glamis....
Just gonna take my truck and bike..
Im trying to decide whether to go at it alone or bring someone...
If anyone wants to do something similar let me know. I'm driving from PA so basically going across the whole country how are you going to afford this? i hope you have money put aside for any unseen expenses,if not youll be selling your bike just to survive..

do you already have a job lined up in Cal.?it wont be cheap at $4.00 a gallon for gas,food and expenses...

time off work is good, but time off with no cash isn't any fun, you spend half the day trying to find work and odd jobs and the other half worrying about trying to find your next job.

and remember anything that's fun to do, will still get boring and old real qiuck, if thats all you have to do

Tommy Warren
09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
like I want to spend a year in a truck with a guy who can't shower in the desert:rolleyes: yuck. at least get a little tent trailer

HondaRacing83
09-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
like I want to spend a year in a truck with a guy who can't shower in the desert:rolleyes: yuck. at least get a little tent trailer that^ or a popup

MX MaNiAc 06
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a bad idea..

I just moved to texas from pa for a job. I have a good job and i can afford it and still bank a good bit but its way more expensive than i had imagined. Think of every resource you use throughout a day from q-tips to the clothes on your back. And living in your truck.. think that through.

ATVMX33
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
i think i can live without q-tips :rolleyes:
its sad how people think they need so much to live...i spent some time camping and hiking the appalachian trail..you dont need much

MX MaNiAc 06
09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Alright Mr. Man vs. Wild what about running water, electric and all the resources you need when your bike breaks? Glamis isnt a party every night. There isnt always people there and it does get cold in the winter..

honda400ex2003
09-26-2011, 05:19 PM
that sounds like an awesome trip for sure! document as much as you can so can remember all of it. its sad to think it will go away but... someday you will forget alot of the stuff that doesnt have pictures or videos.

Wish i could take that kind of time to do something like that. I would be heading out to wyoming, colorado, and other places. Id have a snowmobile, snowboard, fishing pole, and my atv and just start unloading where i could and ride whatever the weather calls for.

steve

ATVMX33
09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
yeah..i figure nows my opportunity

and as for showers...i checked into the town of brawley and they have a few gyms...prolly $40 max for a month membership and i get showers and unlimited water

smr
09-27-2011, 05:28 AM
don't understand why so many people are haten. The guy never said he was gonna live in his truck for a year. He says one month. (he says he isn't tied down for a year) Pay attention people and stop haten.

ATVMX33 they are just jealous.

have fun and take lots of pictures.

ATVMX33
09-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by smr
don't understand why so many people are haten. The guy never said he was gonna live in his truck for a year. He says one month. (he says he isn't tied down for a year) Pay attention people and stop haten.

ATVMX33 they are just jealous.

have fun and take lots of pictures.

thanks man
i will!...
i know thanksgiving is the time that glamis is the most full...are there any other holidays or weekends that it gets like that?

smr
09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
you could stop off at waynoka oklahoma on your way out. Sandfest is next month.

dan harris
09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Sounds like a killer trip !!! I'm sure there will be ups and downs - but thats with anything in life !!!! If ya wanna live good then you gotta be willing to take chances !!!

Have fun - use good judgement - come home safe and enjoy all the experiences !!!!

Post pics on here so we can follow what your doing !!!

slightlybent47
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Living on just the basics is hard but it can be done if you’re willing. I’d opt for a travel buddy if not for the whole trip at least some of it. There will be times your going to need some help of some kind.
I’d also plan for not finding much work as you never can count on it.
Sounds like fun to me.
I’d go for it even if it doesn’t last the whole year, surly some of it will be a blast.

And yeah I’d also document as much of it as I could.

Don't forget, truck stops have showers cheap.

YOURADHERE
09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
yeah..i figure nows my opportunity

and as for showers...i checked into the town of brawley and they have a few gyms...prolly $40 max for a month membership and i get showers and unlimited water

This is actually a pretty smart idea. Better yet check about some of these huge chain gyms that are popping up all over the country. For instance places like Anytime Fitness. $40 per month gets you access to ANY of their gyms throughout the country. Would be a good idea especially travelling across country. Check your phone or the internet to find a location and stop in for a shower. I'm going to note this down in my "Incase my life goes to crap" handbook. Pretty smart.

ETA: Sounds like a pretty cool trip. Be safe and take pics.

ATVMX33
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
yeah im going to make sure i always have the cash to make it back home haha...
im going to the dominican rebublic next month for a missions trip so i dont know if ill be able to save enough to be able to go in november or not but i hope to