PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

BoneStockHonda
09-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Ok so I bought my R about a month and a half ago and the guy told me it needed headlight bulbs. It was wired without a neutral light and he told me his friend was a mechanic at local Honda dealership and did all the wiring. So I took his word it just needed bulbs. Then the other day I go to put bulbs in, start the quad and nothing still no lights. I don't know where to start looking and was hoping you guys can help out.

PS. The quad also has no brake light. Not sure if that matters. All the wires are still there just no light.

DnB_racing
09-25-2011, 07:57 AM
im assuming its for the 05 in your sig... if so there never was a neutral light, or neutral switch..

as far as answering the light question,.. has the wire harness ever been modified, i mean other then unplugging the tail light connector? is the stock handle bar switch still installed?

if not modified then its probably just a bad or loose connector, try unplugging and cleaning the light plugs and the switch plug.

then with the lights unplugged check for power at the connector

if the harness has been opened up and modified, he probably missed a connection,and it will have to be opened again to fix it right

BoneStockHonda
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes it is for the 05 and I forgot to mention the quad was wired to run without a key. The guy installed pro tapers and eliminated the key all together instead of relocating it. So I'm assuming the harness has been modified. And yes it still has the stock killswitch and headlight switches.

DnB_racing
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by BoneStockHonda
Yes it is for the 05 and I forgot to mention the quad was wired to run without a key. The guy installed pro tapers and eliminated the key all together instead of relocating it. So I'm assuming the harness has been modified. And yes it still has the stock killswitch and headlight switches. that's kinda an important detail.. you have more then the lights not working

on the 04/05 the key can just be disconnected and the quad will run, but no lights or fan will work, I dont think your harness has been opened up

the key switch is probably just unplugged, if you jump the red to the black at the key connector it should solve your issue

DnB_racing
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
this shows what im talking about.... to fix just jump the red and black

BoneStockHonda
09-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Ok thanks for the help. I'll have to take a look at it after school tomorrow.