PDA

View Full Version : start racing

atvrider23054
09-24-2011, 03:30 PM
I want to start racing next year in the NEATV and have a few questions. Do I just show up to races and sign up there? Do I start out in C class and win my way up? How competitive is C class? BTW Ill be racing a ktm 450xc

TheLane
09-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by atvrider23054
I want to start racing next year in the NEATV and have a few questions. Do I just show up to races and sign up there? Do I start out in C class and win my way up? How competitive is C class? BTW Ill be racing a ktm 450xc

well for starters your 450 xc might be a bit on the narrow side for mx. if you do run that your going to want to make sure that you get an extended axle and a - arms.

however for NEATV the c class is still very competetive. C class there is about the same as b or low end A locally due to the amount of sandbaggers.

Stiles86
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
ull be fine just show up and ride you can sighn up at the races but i recomend you buy ur membership erlie and save $$ if you have a stock quad run production c its the real c class for beginners c class aint bad but the top 5 are fast

atvrider23054
09-24-2011, 07:16 PM
The ktms far from stock, actually going under another rebuild this winter. What does everyone in c/b class have in motor wise?

TheLane
09-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by atvrider23054
The ktms far from stock, actually going under another rebuild this winter. What does everyone in c/b class have in motor wise?

the ktm motors run 12.5.1 i beleive for a compression piston. And have racing cams in them (at least the sx version does)

The only thing i think you will need is wider a arms an extended axle and beadlocks and you should be way more than equipped. Trust me on the a arms tho, the XC version is made for GNCC type racing and trail riding, so it is a ton more narrow than the SX version.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/ktm-2009-450-505-sx-mx-race-ready-atv-p2-engine.html

blaster99
09-25-2011, 06:57 AM
You don't need a motor for C class, your riding ability will separate you much more than a motor. Having more power than you can handle will actually slow you down. I'm sure there are kids in the c class with pretty big motors, but it doesn't.'t do them much good. B class is pretty fast. You can be 15 years old and run C or B class, so all the really fast kids on minis who want to move up a year early are in B, when they should be is the A class.

Do some research on NEATV's website. You will need a membership card, full time or day pass, and then you have your gate fee, practice on Saturday and racing. Most of the people that race the series are friendly, if you need help at a race figuring out what is next, just ask!

atvrider23054
09-25-2011, 08:04 AM
What are fast lap times at walden from fast c b and a riders? So I see where I stand

blaster99
09-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not really sure. I never took lap times there, and the track changes all the time. Small differences in track conditions make huge differences in lap times.

selbygirl
09-25-2011, 08:52 AM
you should go to the race next month .i think its the last race of the season.and run the c class and see how you compair. and i agree with blaster 99. and get a good suspesion . my son races 70 and 90 class .his 90 is has way faster motor .,but he is way faster on his 70 .his 70 is long travel and has way better suspenion

Sjorge450R
09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
the one thing is, if you truly know how to ride dont mess with C class. Its usually full of people who have no idea how to ride and that puts you much more likely to wreck because of them. I never reccomend C class to anyone.