PDA

View Full Version : No start

crlt250r
09-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Okay, I got my cylinder back, new piston in, everything is put back together... Did get it to start and ran for about 15 seconds and I shut it down to readjust the idle. Now, it won't even pull start...... Plug is clean, its got spark, getting fuel, and compression feels good. While pulling it, all its doing is a snap and pop every now and then.... I'm completely stumped..... And yeah, its a brand new spark plug....

Jesse1980
09-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Is it getting spark? It might be the electrical system.

crlt250r
09-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, there is spark, but I can hold the plug and it doesn't hit very hard. I can feel the spark, not really strong though.... I was really hoping it would be enough...

DnB_racing
09-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by crlt250r
Yeah, there is spark, but I can hold the plug and it doesn't hit very hard. I can feel the spark, not really strong though.... I was really hoping it would be enough... was there any frame painting done on the rebuild? if so check the ground connection for paint

crlt250r
09-24-2011, 06:06 PM
oh freakin yay....... pulled the cylinder back down and found that there was something in the motor that came up and smashed the brand new piston... so yeah. Gotta get another new piston and tear the cases apart and figure out what the hell is in there... good times...

265 sleeper
09-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Did the piston slap the head

crlt250r
09-25-2011, 11:21 AM
No slap, there was some sort of hard debris that came up from in the case. I got the whole motor used from a guy at work, and it was needing a new piston because the plug came apart and the ground strap went through the old piston. It was still in the crown of it when I pulled it down, but like an idiot, I didn't split the cases and inspect. So yeah, there was obviously still some debris left in there, and when I did get it started more junk came up and got sandwiched between the head and piston. Time to do it the right way now. At least it didn't trash the fresh bore and hone I just had done...

crlt250r
09-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Connecting rod bearing took a crap and spit out a needle. New crank on its way I guess...