PDA

View Full Version : air filter oil!!

01boneless
09-23-2011, 09:19 PM
ok so i went to oil my air filter with regular air filter oil (suzuki brand) and what a f'n mess . i put it all over the flter and soaked it it but it still is dryer but VERY VERY tacky did i get to much or is that normal) what are your guys methods? what brand is best help me out!!!!

CJM
09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Should be tacky like that.

Personally I tried the oils in a bottle, they make a MESS. I now use spray oil in a can, PJ1 to be precise.

01boneless
09-23-2011, 10:05 PM
ok ill try pj1 they have good chain lube lol i think i also used to much im gonna wrap some paper towls aroung it and absorb some oil out lol messy

nkillian9
09-23-2011, 11:09 PM
i use belray its in a bottle, to keep from getting it everywhere i put it in a bag pour some oil on it and kneed it like pizza dough till its oiled good

dxcody
09-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Should be tacky like that.

Personally I tried the oils in a bottle, they make a MESS. I now use spray oil in a can, PJ1 to be precise.

x2 PJ1 is expensive, somewhat but that stuff is so sticky and nasty that nothing gets past it, and thats the point of it :)

I used to just use WD40 but it only lasts for like 1 ride then dries out.

Longdong
09-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I use a plastic bag. Add the filter and oil and just squeeze the bag.

ride red 14
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
x2 on the bag. put the bag on your hand and the slide your fingers up inside the filter. spray it with pj1 and then wrap the bag up around the filter and work it in good. peel the bag down and bolt your filter on. if all goes well you should not even have to touch it. :D

powerbomb400
09-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I use Maxxis FFT(Foam Filter Treatment) I pour mine in a coffee can and submerge the whole filter in it. Then I squeeze out the excess and let it dry. I clean my filters in gas and keep the left over to clean my hands with it. I don't want any micro dust to get thru the filter. Thats why I also use a Twin Air or Uni filters.

CJM
09-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Imho the bag works only so well, everytime I have tried to do the bag trick with the bottle type oils it led to me getting oil on my hands cause the oil ate thru the bag somehow.

Maybe its the cheap storebrand ziplocks I been buying?

Now I just spray it and grab the filter and put it on. It doesnt bother me cause I have a 5 gal pail of mechanics hand cleaner lol.

Longdong
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Imho the bag works only so well, everytime I have tried to do the bag trick with the bottle type oils it led to me getting oil on my hands cause the oil ate thru the bag somehow.

Maybe its the cheap storebrand ziplocks I been buying?

Now I just spray it and grab the filter and put it on. It doesnt bother me cause I have a 5 gal pail of mechanics hand cleaner lol.

I just use a walmart plastic bag. I haven't ever had the oil eat the bag up. I also use medial rubber gloves keeps my hands clean!

ride red 14
09-26-2011, 07:14 AM
yep walmart bags here too. but that is with spray type oil. can't speak for bottled oil. never used any.