PDA

View Full Version : JET Motorsports suspension?

400man
09-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Im going to be sending my rear shock off real soon to get revalved and im considering going with Jet motorsports. Ive not called them yet but I plan on it very soon. Has anyone here had their rear shock done by them? Im thinking about doing the dual rate conversion, is it worth the extra money over the single rate? Ive already got the GT thunder xc linkage.

MtnEX
09-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Everyone I talk to that has went with Jet is very pleased.

dustin_j
09-23-2011, 06:21 AM
With a GT Thunder linkage (or any linkage with usable progression), I do not think a dual rate spring setup is necessary. I have not ridden a Jet dual rate rear, but the GT Thunder linkages work great with single rate springs.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
a single rate spring is needed for a gt thunder linkage.

05DodgeDakota
09-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

Then why do they offer a dual rate kit for the rear with the GT Thunder link included?

400man
09-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

Would a dual rate spring setup not work correctly with the gt thunder linkage? Or would a dual rate spring shock with the stock linkage work better than a revalved single rate shock with the GTT linkage?

Baileygunns
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Call Jet and talk to Nick... Tell him what you have and how you ride and he will put you on the correct set up.

I've talked with him through email a few times and a buddy of mine had his 450r shocks built by nick. Nice guy, honest, and easy to deal with.

Longdong
09-23-2011, 08:51 PM
A dual rate spring is better than a single rate spring. Will you be able to tell a difference mybe, mybe not. Single rate and dual will both work with the link. Nick will probably want you to send your link in with the shock just to varify the link is correct. There is alot of links out there. Nick did all of my suspension. Just give him a call! I would call early in the week because they are at the nations the next two weekends. Good luck!!!

dxcody
09-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Jet suspension is absolutly phenomonal.

***** star rating IMO.

Jet will be straight up with you, and will NOT rip you off. Just give him a call. He does great work. Good enough for an XC1 pro anyways.

400man
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
well I mailed my shock to JET yesterday. I forgot who it was I talked to on the phone, but I asked him about the difference between the single rate and dual rate and the linkage and everything and he explained alot of technical info about it and stuff. Im going with the dual rate cause he said because that I only weigh 145lbs that the dual rate would work really good for what I told him I was looking for in performance. he said that when you start getting up to around 200+ lbs riders that the dual rate doesnt perform as good because its alot harder to get it set right and not be to stiff or soft and sit way to low in the sag.

so I get next week sometime I should have a new shock to try out :D

MtnEX
09-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by 400man
well I mailed my shock to JET yesterday. I forgot who it was I talked to on the phone, but I asked him about the difference between the single rate and dual rate and the linkage and everything and he explained alot of technical info about it and stuff. Im going with the dual rate cause he said because that I only weigh 145lbs that the dual rate would work really good for what I told him I was looking for in performance. he said that when you start getting up to around 200+ lbs riders that the dual rate doesnt perform as good because its alot harder to get it set right and not be to stiff or soft and sit way to low in the sag.

so I get next week sometime I should have a new shock to try out :D

That is absolutely correct.

400man
10-14-2011, 12:33 AM
well I got my shock in the mail the other day. It looked like I ordered a brand new shock :) Im gonna have to test it out this weekend and get it dialed in. I got it back on the bike but I aint rode it yet. I think he left it set real soft so that I can mess with the preload and get it adjusted where I need it.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exjetshock002.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exjetshock001.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exjetshock003.jpg

duneslider
10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what does a rebuild/upgrade like you got run? Looks like a great setup.

400man
10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
the total bill was $399 (including shipping back to me) But I think their single rate option is about a $100 cheaper. Your basically getting a brand new shock thats set just for you since they take it all apart and rebuild the whole thing.

Zeb400EX
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Looks great. Let us know how it does. I just had my rear done by jet this spring and it works awesome. I went with the single rate setup and a gtt link. My was kinda soft when I first got it too. I set the compression up about a quarter turn from full hard and its prefect now.