PDA

View Full Version : WHY none at National's?

Logan #34's Dad
09-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm real curious why NOONE races one of these in the pro classes at the National level..
If they are as good as everyone says then..............
Now would be the best time ever for KTM to step up and compete with the other Factory Teams folding up their ATV tents.

Sick0
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Ktms are not a pro level. Pro-am and pro riders would still want more motor and after market suspension. At this point your better off building up a cheaper 450. These are great quads, and good enough for 95% of the racer out there.

welbrody
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
but this bike is really good, and even better with the good mod maybe the only reason is that not a lot of support from ktm , for me buying a yamaha is more expensive than a ktm in québec, so i really don.t know why people still buying the other bikes that you need a lot of mods to make it OK, i still loves alot of bikes and all of my friends that got the ktm is really happy and most of them races for a couple year (near 10) and haves build many bikes, and if you wants to makes it a pro bikes you're gonna need all of the mod anyway but you haves a ligthers quad, this is my opinion and im not sold to any brands, so i thinks KTM got less contingencies of all the others

Pappy
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
You answered your own question in your very last sentence:p

bh84
02-07-2012, 07:49 AM
the MSRP is too high in the states so people dont buy them, they prefer the cheaper jap bikes then modding the hell out of them

funyun
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
In the states they are definately alot more expensive to buy and are pretty hard to find in the first place. Another reason might be for reliability reasons, they dont seem to hold together as long as the Jap bikes and parts for them are more expensive too.

MX Jeff
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I would say it comes down to ZERO support from KTM & the dealers. I love KTM's, but am thinking of switching over to Can Am's now that I'm going to start racing again. Granted I'm no Pro, but I will support the people that help support the riders. My local KTM dealer wont help at all, where as the local Yamaha, Can-Am, Suzuki, Honda & Kawi dealer will help me out tremendously.

KingpinsEx
02-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Heres the reason, jap bikes are cheaper to build. Most pros get free or even get paid to run aftermarket parts, a-arms, shocks, ect. So to buy a stock jap bike and put tons of free/cheap parts is better than getting a KTM and having to replace the parts with their sponsors stuff. KTM def. missed the mark releasing a race bike and not offering any support. People buy what they see winning races and KTMs are not seen in the pro ranks.