PDA

View Full Version : KTM vs HRC 450er

finsteratv
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
hey guys, my buddy just got a KTM 450 totally stock and says he could whoop me in a sand drag. you guys think so? i'd be running 8 paddle extremes which hook up like 9's. and im not sure about his. my R has full hrc kit also..thoughts?

CJM
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Maybe he can beat you, even if he does-you wont be repairing yours and he will be sooner or later.

chronicsmoke
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Maybe he can beat you, even if he does-you wont be repairing yours and he will be sooner or later.

x2

There's alot of guys that claim their KTM's are reliable, but from personal experience, I've never seen it happen that way. My buddy has been waiting for parts for a month and a half too!

The 505sx would probably beat the HRC'd 450r, 450sx I am not to sure. He might have a bit, but it won't be a slaughter.

I've yet to 'drag' my buddies 505sx, but it is FAST. My 450r (13:1, HRC, Uni, Full Pipe, P&P) is as fast as his on the track, we run neck and neck usually.

Drags are useless IMO anyway. (Unless that's the only racing that you do)

finsteratv
09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
i have the feeling that i would be able to beat him, just depends on whos on there game that day! but yeah drags are useless, some people like to do wheelies or go fast ina straight line bu im more of a railing through corners and flying kind of guy! cant forget seein how fast you can run through whoops!