PDA

View Full Version : need some truck help asap!!!!

1986trx70
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
okay so i have a 1991 xlt 4.0 ford ranger..small problem, when i was it or when it rains the passenger side carpet gets wet under the floor mat, i have left the mat out but it keeps doing it, new weather stripping on doors so they dont leak, when u feel the cowl vents up, ones right there with your wind sheild and your wipers, i dont think they drain right because if you hold water in them like with a garden hose it runs out but slowly, and when u turn it sounds like sloshing water in the dash, then it pours out in the passenger side carpet.. what could be the cause of this? it leaks out under the carpet pass side only

thanks

fastrnrik
09-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Could be the heater core. I've never owned a 94 Ranger, but the heater core is usually in the general area behind the glove box on most Ford trucks. Is the water warm or smell like coolant when it leaks out?

Another thing to check is the cowl area by the windshield wipers. We had an older ford truck that would fill up with leaves in there, hold rain water, etc. It actually caught on fire once when the leaves were dry. LOL They fixed the open cowl problem on the later full size trucks. Not sure about the Rangers. Maybe there's crap in there & it won't drain and somehow leaks inside. I dunno, worth checking though.

99_300ex
09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Your fresh air intake is over there so it must not be draining right and filling up and over flowing into your cab air intake.

Sjorge450R
09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
had this same problem with my 87 dakota when I still had it. never did pinpoint the problem. Now the other day, my buick century leaked just like the dakota....not sure why. Oh well. If it happens again I will worry. May have been a freak accident. The dakota was EVERYTIME it rained though.

XCRacer236
09-20-2011, 07:23 PM
If it fills up when you put water from the hose on it, it is probably packed with leaves and not allowing the water to channel out properly.

Could be heater core as well

1986trx70
09-21-2011, 07:03 AM
cowl was clogged..