PDA

View Full Version : Cobra w/ KX65 Needs Broader Pipe

#404's Dad
09-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Anyone know of a good Broad Pipe for a Cobra with a KX65 motor in it, the Track Side Pipe on it is VERY sensitive its either on the pipe or off the pipe, need something a bit more forgiving I think to help him while learning to shift.

Thanks

gistmarrs
09-20-2011, 09:18 AM
You might want to try exhaust spacers before you buy a new pipe. I put a 1/8" thick washer/spacer on a kx65 and was amazed at how much it mellowed the motor out. It still had about the same amount of power, just mellowed out the transition on the pipe. I bought mine through a store on e-bay.

#404's Dad
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by gistmarrs
You might want to try exhaust spacers before you buy a new pipe. I put a 1/8" thick washer/spacer on a kx65 and was amazed at how much it mellowed the motor out. It still had about the same amount of power, just mellowed out the transition on the pipe. I bought mine through a store on e-bay.

Awesome info man, thank you, time to fire up the lathe!

#404's Dad
09-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to Thank Ya gistmarrs, made some spacers of different sizes and got it dialed in very nicely, works awesome, exactly what I wanted. thanks again

gistmarrs
09-21-2011, 05:54 PM
You are quite welcome. One good thing about this mod is that you can adjust it over time. Simply cut down the spacers as your rider gets used to the power hit and wants a bit more.

Marrs

nastynotchback1
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
We have been having the same problem so i ordered the kit off of ebay with the springs and 2 spacers.Let yall know how it works out.Thanks