PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun Evo R

barthel
09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey All,

I tried using the search bar but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Has anyone out there used the Big Gun Evo R muffler? I just got an '08 450ER and the exhaust will be one of my first purchases.

I know people will chime in about Dasa and Rossier and such, but I am not a racer. I will NEVER race this thing, I mostly ride dunes, washes and trails in the Cali desert. Regardless of the quad I will usually just change the intake, jets and pipe to "wake up" the quad.

I have an FMF Q4 on my TRX250 and don't know that I like the sound. I have a White Brothers MX4 silencer on my TRX400 and LOVE it. I'm looking for something similar for my 450.

I will initially do the pipe and intake, and will probably add a header later on when funds are better. I had been told to also consider an HRC kit with the cam, but am not sure I want to screw with the engine internals.

Thanks in advance!

brewster426
09-20-2011, 08:50 AM
My cousin had the newest one on his yfz..it was a good pipe. I have the old style one on my 450r, but I shortened it up cause the baffle inside the pipe broke. It's kinda loud but sounds good. You don't exactly need a dasa or rossier or whatever till you start doing big mods to the motor. All I did with mine was take the lid off and put a 175 main in it with a slip on I bought on a super deal and it was a pretty big improvement. Mainly just gave it more low end grunt so you aren't having to clutch it so much. Just my .02

barthel
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Brew,

That was EXACTLY what I was looking to know, thanks for the post.

Since I won't ever race it I'm not concerned about top speed, and definitely not interested in modding the engine itself. Low end grunt would be perfect as I sand ride a lot and having a little low end torque would be awesome.

Thanks again!

brewster426
09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I love the way the new eve r looks too. The oblong shape makes it look cool.