PDA

View Full Version : LTR purchase help! asap!

gascan52
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey guys if you could respond quick that would be great. Going to look at an 07 ltr450 on wednesday and i would like to know what i should rly look for? He says he went through rings and scored the head....got a new head from suzuki and had the entire head replaced along with cams. Timing chain valves amd some others. All suzuki oem. The bike has a dasa pipe. Hipers and cherry bomb. Hes only asking 3500. What should i look for besides the tranny issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Coming from a 400ex and lookin to race mx. Thanks guys

nkillian9
09-20-2011, 12:23 AM
maybe someone else can chime in, i have not had any problems with mine besides rounding third gear off, thats an 08 up problem mainly, other than that mine has been everything i have hoped and couldnt be happier, approaching two yrs old with at least 3 to 5 hrs of hard actual run time, from wut i hear from the forums of ltr owners they have had just as good a luck as me with the exception of a few, myself if its clean and everything seems to be in great mechanical order, id go for it, but i may be suzuki bias, but thats cause i love mine,

turdboy
09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
As far as checking the tranny, the only thing you really can do is ride it and make sure it shifts smoothly. Any wierd noises like a chain slap would be a red flag for the tranny. The one thing I would say to look for is cracking around the lower footpeg mount to the frame. They are known to crack on LTR's. Not a huge deal because you can add a gusset in that area. Walsh even sells a gusset pinpointing the area. Mine cracked and I had a guy fab up some gussets and weld them in. No problems since. If he is asking 3500 I would offer 3200 or 3300. I hate to say it but the 450's have no value right now.

gascan52
09-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Well thanks for the input guys...i will look at the frame and ride it and listen to how it sounds... He is stuck on 3500 because all that stuff is pretty new... Is it worth the chance with the new head he has on it just dont wanna blow it up again