PDA

View Full Version : NW Ohio Racing In Off Season?

#404's Dad
09-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Where are some places to Race during the off season/winter?

T@AFP
09-19-2011, 07:08 PM
It's not NW Ohio, but it's maybe 2hrs from your place.
It's the Summit Indoors. Not sure on dates. But it's in Jan and feb.
It's a tight track,expensive, smokey, loud, bad food.....but it's motocross in winter!
I'll keep you posted on dates.

:p

jake55
09-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Tom, you forgot to say FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!! we ran one of the january races this year and if i remember right the temp saturday night was a wonderfull -10 :cuss:

#404's Dad
09-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Sounds fun lol, please keep me posted, cant not ride all winter this year, takes too long to get back in the groove.

zach R 7x
09-21-2011, 04:52 AM
404, were are you located? I live in Huron, right next to Sandusky.
CRA has alot of racing left this year and have races every weekend, we went to Malvern last saturday and had 8- 9 kids on the gate. Plus Ram Jams should be opening soon , if not already, great place to practice in the winter.

LT80
09-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by jake55
Tom, you forgot to say FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!! we ran one of the january races this year and if i remember right the temp saturday night was a wonderfull -10 :cuss:

LMAO!
It was that cold the one time we were there too.
Summit is where we learned that 927 separates. :devil:

"It's a tight track,expensive, smokey, loud, bad food"
That's correct also. Bring extra money. :D

#404's Dad
09-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
404, were are you located? I live in Huron, right next to Sandusky.
CRA has alot of racing left this year and have races every weekend, we went to Malvern last saturday and had 8- 9 kids on the gate. Plus Ram Jams should be opening soon , if not already, great place to practice in the winter.

I am just West of Toledo, is the CRA MX racing? Was thinking it was TT racing for some reason?

jake55
09-21-2011, 08:16 AM
cra is a little bit of everything. it's motocross, tt, hare scrambles, the whole nine yards. if it's two or four wheels they cover it.

T@AFP
09-21-2011, 09:09 AM
http://racecra.org/

FYI

#404's Dad
09-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Looks very interesting, how do you know which races are Quad MX races?

zach R 7x
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
^^^^ Must not be to far from us. Most MX racing is done at Malvern, Amherst (which is 15 minutes east of me), Pymatunning, Lightning, and Big game has Mx,tt,hare scambles all at one track.

Amherst would be nearest to you, nice track layout but gates #'s aren't usually very good, unless special event.

Malvern probably second, nice track, mini quad frendly and the kids usally love it, very fast also. best gate #'s out of most mx cra tracks.

Lightning is about 45 minutes south of Malvern ( not to far from the Dusenbury's (sp) home town. Not one of our favorites plus 3 hr drive from my house.

PYMA is a nice track just across PA border about 2.5 hrs from my house.

Big game , haven't raced there since thy changed the track and let the mini's run on the large track, but heard it is nice.

Normally this time of year you will get 12-15 on a gate at Malvern, with nationals being over alot of people will run here. This year seems like alot of good riders are in between rides or finishing builds for next year.

#404's Dad
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Sounds good, gonna have to try a few I guess. They let the Minis on the big tracks at all of them?

zach R 7x
09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Yep, they have a jr mini class, I think ages are up to 10 , sr mini 10- 15 and they also have an open class for your cobra.

Most tracks do run bikes also, so the day can run a bit long.