PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding a 2 cylinder 2stroke

mod300ex
02-24-2003, 05:47 PM
how hard is it to rebuild a banshee motor??? what do u have to worry about wiht the 2 cylinders and everything im rebuilding my g/fs sled for her and i never did 2 cylinders,,what r some need to know points please help im despriate i dont want to let her down lol

JUSTINcredible
02-24-2003, 06:08 PM
take off the jug, take off the old pistons, put the new ones in, prolly wanna replace the head and base gaskets, torque everyting the specs,, pretty ease with 2 strokes

MotoXC33
03-19-2003, 05:21 PM
I rebuilt my yz 125 and I just blew my cr 250 up today. So I'm kind of in same boat. Anyway, take the head off and put a rag around the rod. when you take the lil circlips out to get the wrist pin out you don't want them falling into the case. slide the pin out and the piston just pops off. If you know anyone with a honer I'd recommend it. You don't want a new piston in a scratched up cylinder. It wont' last long.

Sheets #33

lex luger
03-20-2003, 10:41 AM
i rebuilt my banshee in aug. and it took me a week(the guy i have bore the jugs was on vac.) but if you know what your doing, and the cylinders are rebored and everything else is ok(new piston kit with gaskets etc) you can do it in i bet 5hrs non-stop....(including tear down, and assembly)