PDA

View Full Version : different upgrades

hondatrx450er
09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
I just got a 08 honda trx450er bout a month ago, and it has a stage 2 cam, FMF exhuast, upgraded ignition which allows additional 1500rpm or so, as well as a smaller front sproket to allow quicker accerlation

I wanna get some different decals, something like metal mulisha, but since my quad is black with the blue/purple seats and silly purple flames from factory, I dunno what colour I want, thinking maybe some grey/white decals would be sweet, or just get the red metal mulisha ones...

Also curious as to what other kinda mods I can do that will benefit when riding ??? Like I want nerf bars prolly get some DG ones, and what are the benefits of some mods everyone does, like thicker handle bars and spacers to lift your bars up and such why do you do it and what other mods can I do ??

brewster426
09-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Nerfs first then suspension. If you can't afford long travel at least get some +2 arms and a axle. It will be a whole different bike. 18s in the rear and 20s in the front. (tires) then go from there. Just my .02

hondatrx450er
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't race at all, I mostly trail ride and well I like to get in open area and giver hell on my bike too !! :)

Whats the point in longer a arms ???

I have 20x11x9 maxxis razr out back and some 21x7x10 dunlop kt331 up front

chronicsmoke
09-20-2011, 06:07 AM
that tire size is ideal for the recreational riding that you're planning on doing.

Wider A-Arms make the quad more stable for fast corners, and straight line stability. Def. worth the investment, unless you are shooting between trees like an XC racer.

hondatrx450er
09-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
that tire size is ideal for the recreational riding that you're planning on doing.

The tires I have ? Or the ones suggested above ?

I do have a different front sproket that allows for more bottom end tho, which makes 1st,2nd gears EXTREMLY short !!

Ya know of any good riding spots in ontario ?

What ya guys think DG fat series (1-1/4) aluminum nerf bars ?

chronicsmoke
09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by hondatrx450er
The tires I have ? Or the ones suggested above ?

I do have a different front sproket that allows for more bottom end tho, which makes 1st,2nd gears EXTREMLY short !!

Ya know of any good riding spots in ontario ?

What ya guys think DG fat series (1-1/4) aluminum nerf bars ?

TBH I'm not the biggest fan of DG accessories, Rath, Houser or Pro-Armour are the best. But get whatever you like the best, It doesn't matter in the end what we think ;)

The tires you have will suit you perfectly for your riding style too, no need to change them just yet.

and unfortunetly, you're about as far away from me as you can get in Ontario, (while still remaining close to civilization anyway). I'm at the far eastern tip of Ontario, (on the border of Ontario, Quebec, and NY State.

hondatrx450er
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM
TBH ?? What's that mean ??

A friend of mine use to run DG and never had any troubles with em, he jumped and raced his never cracked broke or anything and he is hard on his stuff....

Royal has em for 240 taxes in there aluminum, and 1-1/4" bar ....

But I think I might want decals first hehehe, I really wanna get some metal mulisha decals :)

chronicsmoke
09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
TBH ?? What's that mean ??

A friend of mine use to run DG and never had any troubles with em, he jumped and raced his never cracked broke or anything and he is hard on his stuff....

TBH = To Be Honest

Royal's prices are pretty high on most things, I live on the border so I take advantage of the US Prices

I'm not saying that DG's stuff isnt strong, I just like the look of the other brands better.. but to each their own. I dont think you'll have an issue with their 'Fat Series'

hondatrx450er
09-20-2011, 09:47 AM
TBH = To Be Honest

Royal's prices are pretty high on most things, I live on the border so I take advantage of the US Prices

I'm not saying that DG's stuff isnt strong, I just like the look of the other brands better.. but to each their own. I dont think you'll have an issue with their 'Fat Series'

I dunno, some of there stuff is cheaper then going to a dealer I have found for stuff.....

Getting stuff from states to canada ya get screwed on shipping I find, shipping fee from say ohio to border then from border to my house so double the shipping as well as hst tax and possibly a duty fee.... Just seems cheaper to get it from somewere in canada I think...

brewster426
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
My bad on the tire advice..I have mx stuck in my head. What i didnt like about my bike with it stock width is that it did not want to turn. But to each is own.

chronicsmoke
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I dunno, some of there stuff is cheaper then going to a dealer I have found for stuff.....

Getting stuff from states to canada ya get screwed on shipping I find, shipping fee from say ohio to border then from border to my house so double the shipping as well as hst tax and possibly a duty fee.... Just seems cheaper to get it from somewere in canada I think...

I just have it shipped to an address down there, then go and pick it up :devil: I've saved at least 2-3K last year alone haha

hondatrx450er
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I just have it shipped to an address down there, then go and pick it up :devil: I've saved at least 2-3K last year alone haha

Ya I can't really send it to an address in the states, so kinda hard thatway lol...

So I'll have to try and get stuff from someone in canada to save on. Shipping possibly...

hondatrx450er
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by brewster426
My bad on the tire advice..I have mx stuck in my head. What i didnt like about my bike with it stock width is that it did not want to turn. But to each is own.

I don't have any trouble with mine turning, I guess it all depends on the terrian you drive and what kinda riding you do, as well as how your suspension is setup too...

No troubles with mine tho :D

hondarider421
10-01-2011, 09:40 AM
ok my opinion on nerfs do ac pro pegs there beefy and are easy to get and cheap then for rec rideing id stay with pretty much the stock tire sizes they are fine next thing is raising the handle bars helps with turning u use ur arms and shoulders so its a leverage thing graphics design is best for wateva u like most i know if u want custom colors i went with dfr (dirt fiend racing) the whole widening is great if the trails are wide i race mx so i gotta have wide and long but i mean u can get used parts easy on here just go to the for sale section and i think iv covered the biggest things ohh and from wat i understand u might wnna check on a dampner it takes the rutts and bumps from jerking ur bars from u when rideing fast in trails or track idk wat kind im lookin for one also but man u do wat u like find out wat things do and if u like the idea then try it thats wat i did

hondatrx450er
10-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by hondarider421
ok my opinion on nerfs do ac pro pegs there beefy and are easy to get and cheap then for rec rideing id stay with pretty much the stock tire sizes they are fine next thing is raising the handle bars helps with turning u use ur arms and shoulders so its a leverage thing graphics design is best for wateva u like most i know if u want custom colors i went with dfr (dirt fiend racing) the whole widening is great if the trails are wide i race mx so i gotta have wide and long but i mean u can get used parts easy on here just go to the for sale section and i think iv covered the biggest things ohh and from wat i understand u might wnna check on a dampner it takes the rutts and bumps from jerking ur bars from u when rideing fast in trails or track idk wat kind im lookin for one also but man u do wat u like find out wat things do and if u like the idea then try it thats wat i did

Ya I think a dampner might be needed as I was on the train tracks and it was like washboard terrian like the whoops or whichever some guys call em... And I was hauling *** and the front end starting jumping around on me untill I let off then it was ok but as soon as I powered back up it starting darting around on me, kinda fighting to keep it straight

Dunno about raise'n handle bars tho, dunno how much of a benefit it will be for me,

And for Nerf's well if I can get a "good" set for like 200-230 taxes included, here somewere in canada then I'd grab em... There a set of 1-1/4" aluminum DG nerf bars at Royal but there 240ish after taxes

hondarider421
10-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I dunno about up there bu i live in the us and i bought my ac propeg nerfs for lik 175 shipped off ebay

hondatrx450er
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I've found some websites and there like 299 and up ??.....

hondarider421
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Damn i deff didnt pay that but i did buy mine two yrs ago

hondatrx450er
10-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Ya if I could get a set for less then 200, that be sweet just shipping stuff from the US to canada is what makes it pricey since our dollar almost same or more now...

Guess I just have to get a decently priced cdn dealer that carries em ??

hondarider421
10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Yea **** the us man this bs we dealin wit is killin me i aint had a job in months cause of the bs we goin through every one is tight and slow with work

hondatrx450er
10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Ya that's funny cuz I'm swamped at work hahahaha we can't keep up with all the work we have here....

Ya it sucks for all the people that aren't working for sure man, I'm sure you'll get something soon :)

Ya just shipping stuff from states here is silly, as we gotta pay HST and possibly a Duty... Which is crap... Not exactly sure if there duty fees for atv parts but auto parts there isn't which is always nice