PDA

View Full Version : No surprise here about Dungey and Suzuki

quad2xtreme
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
link (http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/785/11029/Motorcycle-Article/Ryan-Dungey-Leaves-Suzuki.aspx)

patrickj75
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I've heard he'll be on KTM's for a 2 year deal.

rollie
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
I've heard he'll be on KTM's for a 2 year deal.

I would also be willing to bet quite a bit that's were he will end up, decostor probably can't wait to get dungey on KTM, and get rid of Alessi maybe? everyone knows decostor and Alessi dont mix will:p

300ex_#387
09-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by rollie
I would also be willing to bet quite a bit that's were he will end up, decostor probably can't wait to get dungey on KTM, and get rid of Alessi maybe? everyone knows decostor and Alessi dont mix will:p

Rumors of Alessi going to Reeds team. Also Reed said that they are trying to work on a deal that will really suprise people for his team. I don't see the Alessi deal suprising anyone. I wonder who he is trying to get. More rumors of 22 switching to Suzuki. Stewart reed Redbull suzuki? Now that would turn some heads.

89trx250r
09-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Dean Wilson is gonna go to two two motorsports for next season im pretty sure.Dungey is of course going back to his mentor decoster did anyone see the how was your weekend video on twmx, he was talking about all the people there watching him and he mentioned his family, friends, and then specifically said Roger.Stewart will most likely be with JGR who will be switching to Suzuki and Alessi will be on a Suzuki also but on a different team.

madskrillz2
09-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah from what I've heard, it's pretty much a given Dungey is going to KTM.

platummxracer8
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
dungey to ktm. stewart is riding a suzuki. (heard jgr suzuki) malcolm steawrt is a free agent. blake warton to rockstar suzuki.
lawrence is talking to a couple teams. "things will surprise you" ;)

bomberman
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
IMO Reed looks real good on the Honda. I think it would be a mistake for him to move to another brand.

evan402
09-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bomberman
IMO Reed looks real good on the Honda. I think it would be a mistake for him to move to another brand.
i agree. i dont think he has looked this comfortable on another bike. I counted him out previous to his season and he really shocked me.

89trx250r
09-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Reed is staying on a Honda they support him rather well, and as i said Dean Wilson will be riding a two two motorsports Honda next season.

patrickj75
09-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I wonder who will be on their new ride at the Monster Energy Cup next month. The Suzuki press release said they were supporting Dungey thru the MXoN. I assume then he'll be on his new ride. Reed said he wasn't racing anything else this season after MXoN.

FHKracingZ
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Dean Wilson will be riding for Monster/PC next year in the lites class again. He is under contract I believe.

Reed seemed to be most comfy on his suzuki to me.

I see Dungey to KTM, Stewart on suzuki ( if yamaha even lets him out of his contract ) and alessi and reed on suzukis.

madskrillz2
09-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Dean Wilson will be riding for Monster/PC next year in the lites class again. He is under contract I believe.

Reed seemed to be most comfy on his suzuki to me.

I see Dungey to KTM, Stewart on suzuki ( if yamaha even lets him out of his contract ) and alessi and reed on suzukis.

I dunno. I think he looked a lot more comfortable on the Honda before he fell out of the sky. I know he said in an interview it was the best outdoor bike he's ever ridden. But then again he's not necessarily gonna trash it if he doesn't like it.

KingpinsEx
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure Reed is staying with the Honda. I read a recent interview and he said he bought all the bikes to test at the beginning of this season and he felt the honda was just better. Suzuki continues to disappointment me...

FHKracingZ
09-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Reed is gonna say which ever company is supporting him at that time is the best. he said the Kawi was amazing and we all know thats false. Business is business...

He just hired Goose to come on board to wrench, why would he hire Goose to work on a honda when goose has been wrenching on suzukis since RC's time. I think reed will be on Suzukis for sure. He was the fastest on them before.

madskrillz2
09-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Reed is gonna say which ever company is supporting him at that time is the best. he said the Kawi was amazing and we all know thats false. Business is business...

He just hired Goose to come on board to wrench, why would he hire Goose to work on a honda when goose has been wrenching on suzukis since RC's time. I think reed will be on Suzukis for sure. He was the fastest on them before.

Uh how long have you been watching mx? Goose worked on the Honda's for Ricky before following him to Suzuki. Just sayin

ah665
09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Well Suzuki's Factory team has folded so who knows what will happen now. No more Rockstar or Makita on Suzuki bikes.

FHKracingZ
09-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Yea since RC's time on suzukis is what I meant. That many years on a suzuki is alot of experience.

FHKracingZ
09-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Yea since RC's time on suzukis is what I meant. That many years on a suzuki is alot of experience. Plus the bikes will be the same despite the loss of title sponsors. Yoshimura has been running the factory team the last two seasons anyways.

ah665
09-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Well my point wasn't the bikes so much as money Suzuki has to throw around to pay for these riders that are being mentioned in the rumors.

YOURADHERE
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
So since Dungy is going to KTM Im assuming this means he'll be on a 450 and not the 350. Has there been any work about that? I seem to recall when watching one of the outdoor races that the announcers mentioned Dungy expressed interest in KTM but refused to run the 350.

SRH
09-24-2011, 10:47 AM
how did the stewart leaving yamaha rumor even start? pretty sure hes under contract for quite some time......

im sure reed will stay with honda i think he will add wilson or alessi to the team

dungey im sure will be on a ktm 450...ktm let alessi run a 450

300ex_#387
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
This video was Posted by Jeff Alessi thursday. Mike is riding the Suzuki.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150311725978423

300ex_#387
09-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Still wearing KTM Redbull gear.

madskrillz2
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Starting to be pretty clear Reed is staying on a Honda. This was on his twitter.

“@mjb971: @CRtwotwo TwoTwo Motorsports + Mike Gosselaar + Lars + Honda = Championships...Please Ride Red”

300ex_#387
09-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Starting to be pretty clear Reed is staying on a Honda. This was on his twitter.

“@mjb971: @CRtwotwo TwoTwo Motorsports + Mike Gosselaar + Lars + Honda = Championships...Please Ride Red”

I doubt someone else posting on Chad Reeds twitter saying please ride red makes it clear he is staying with Honda.

madskrillz2
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I doubt someone else posting on Chad Reeds twitter saying please ride red makes it clear he is staying with Honda.

He retweeted it or w/e that means. I don't know **** about twitter I just saw the quote on vital mx and that's where a lot of preseason talk is

mildtowildracin
09-27-2011, 03:52 PM
why would Wilson go from factory kawi that he just won a championship on to a Honda supported team..? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me..?

300ex_#387
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mildtowildracin
why would Wilson go from factory kawi that he just won a championship on to a Honda supported team..? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me..?

I don't think he will. I think the lites team will be Durham, Bagget, Wilson and Rattray. I'm not positive thats true though.

madskrillz2
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mildtowildracin

He's still under contract with PC/Kawasaki through 2012 so that's just a rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens after next season though.

KingpinsEx
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I hope Durham gets picked up by a decent team, that guy can ride! Back to the original topic, instead of Suzuki dropping Dungey, are they just not having a factory team this year? It seems that way since Goose is leaving and maybe Metcalf is just a support rider? If this is the case Dungey probably wanted to leave... That makes more sense then them just dropping him from the factory team, they don't want to pay his $$$ salary.

300ex_#387
09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I hope Durham gets picked up by a decent team, that guy can ride! Back to the original topic, instead of Suzuki dropping Dungey, are they just not having a factory team this year? It seems that way since Goose is leaving and maybe Metcalf is just a support rider? If this is the case Dungey probably wanted to leave... That makes more sense then them just dropping him from the factory team, they don't want to pay his $$$ salary.

Well from what ive been reading I think Durham will be with PC. Basically Suzuki will have support teams like everyone else except honda. Goose is going to Reeds team because Yosh have their own mechanics. I think it all came down to $$$ with Dungey.

The real question is who is Reed signing and what color will he be riding? Who is James riding for and what color? Is Redbull going to pay James and Dungey?

Its pretty obvious Dungey is going to KTM but I don't think anyone can get deals done until they know who is riding for who. Like JGR wants Suzuki support but what if Reed and Stewart want it also? Suzuki cant dish out that kind of support. Basically things need to start falling into place. Once one rider/team decides what support they get it will start to become easier for others to start figuring out where they can get the most support from. It seems like noone is happy with the Yamahas right now.

89trx250r
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
As ive stated since the first page of this post and ill continue to post...Chad Reed is staying on a Honda Dean Wilson will join two two motorsports on a 450 next season. Dungey hated Rock-star and that's the reason hes leaving Suzuki its common knowledge. James will be riding a jgr Suzuki next season. Mike alessi will also be riding Suzuki's but they were bought by tony for him and hes working on getting sponsorship for the upcoming seasons.Andrew short is still in the air Ive heard rumors of him riding for Larry brooks Honda team Ive also heard rumors that he might stay with ktm for another year.On October first is when Dungeys contract ends with Rock-star/Mikita/Suzuki so look for the ktm signing news to come out around then.

300ex_#387
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
James twitter said he is hoping to have his deals done in the next couple days.

Ive read all the rumors you have posted and the only real reliable one is the Dungey to KTM. Not saying none of the others arent true but I really don't think anyone knows for sure yet. I don't see why Dean would leave. He has no reason to.

ryan243
09-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
James twitter said he is hoping to have his deals done in the next couple days.

Ive read all the rumors you have posted and the only real reliable one is the Dungey to KTM. Not saying none of the others arent true but I really don't think anyone knows for sure yet. I don't see why Dean would leave. He has no reason to.

To ride in the 450 class. That's a pretty good reason.

patrickj75
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Broc Tickle said Dean will still be on a PC 250 next season.

89trx250r
09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
I just see it as what does Deano have to prove he already won the 250 outdoor title why would you wanna ride a second year in the class you just won not to mention the 450 class is the "premier" class in racing thats what people pay to watch thats where all the big money is at...

madskrillz2
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
I just see it as what does Deano have to prove he already won the 250 outdoor title why would you wanna ride a second year in the class you just won not to mention the 450 class is the "premier" class in racing thats what people pay to watch thats where all the big money is at...

Why not? Villopoto won 3 outdoor lites championships before moving up. It doesn't seem like it hurt him to wait and move up later.

300ex_#387
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Thats all he has is 1 outdoor title. Let him try and get an indoor also. Thats one thing most guys say is they wish they would have waited to move up. Most guys want to defend their title aslo.

SRH
09-30-2011, 11:07 AM
james and san manuel and larry brooks will most likely stay together, san manuel is going with james, id love to see james on a honda...hed be unstoppable

mcgrath and brooks started there own team, im guessing with san manuel as the title sponsor, maybe there just trying to line up a manufactuer now ....probably suzuki , honda or yamaha...im thinking james would want off of the yamaha though

l and m racing released a statement saying there suing james stewart, they have no riders, no sponsors and larry brooks is no longer a partner...but there racing lol

patrickj75
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
I heard the Brooks/Mcgrath team would be on Hondas. That would make sense since McGrath has been a test rider for Honda for a few years now. Josh Grant was rumored to possibly be one of their riders. Team Honda just announced their 2012 team which included Justin Brayton, Trey Canard and Ashley Fiolek.

Stiles86
09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
as of today i heard from a few people js7 is riding yellow..... anyone else here that? or ad that to the rumors

patrickj75
09-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Stiles86
as of today i heard from a few people js7 is riding yellow..... anyone else here that? or ad that to the rumors

Yea, thats one of the rumors. He said on Twitter he was hoping to have his deal done in the next couple days.

madskrillz2
09-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah A LOT of people are saying he's going Suzuki. I highly doubt he'll be back with Larry Brooks. They aren't on the greatest of terms or at least they weren't in the middle of sx this year. That's why Brooks took a "break" and never came back lol.

KingpinsEx
09-30-2011, 03:32 PM
. Dungey hated Rock-star and that's the reason hes leaving Suzuki its common knowledge.

Why would he hate rockstar? They pay him lots of money and put him in T.V. commercials. It's not like a part on the bike that makes a difference in racing, he doesnt actually have to drink the stuff. That makes no sense to me. :confused:

300ex_#387
10-01-2011, 01:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/story/_/id/7035726/ryan-dungey-ends-relationship-suzuki-ride-ktm

IOWAracer
10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I am not surprised at all at seeing Dungey go KTM...Him and Decoster are like family as long as the KTM bike feels like the rmz and they don't put him on a 350sx I think Dungey will be running a #1 plate again soon...

89trx250r
10-01-2011, 03:56 PM
He hated Rockstar because they owned him basically and he had to do what they wanted...Just cause you get paid lots of money and get put on "tv" doesnt make you like being a slave...

300ex_#387
10-01-2011, 04:41 PM
He hated Rockstar because they owned him basically and he had to do what they wanted...Just cause you get paid lots of money and get put on "tv" doesnt make you like being a slave...

Man if thats the case he is going to hate Redbull even worse. I garuntee Redbull is just as worse as Rockstar when it comes to that kind of stuff.

89trx250r
10-01-2011, 10:36 PM
To be honest i dont even think that aspect of it has occured to him yet hes probably just so stoked to be back with Decoster :)

KingpinsEx
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM

If it allows you to do what you love, I don't see the problem. Whenever you work for someone else, you basically have to do what they want. Its not like they had him cleaning toilets. It doesn't seem like a tough decision, not have the sponsor and get paid less or do some PR stuff which will promote yourself as well. Poor Dungey, he is a slave that is being forced to ride professional motocross...

madskrillz2
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I'll just leave this here.....
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U4L1nOGozyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

300ex_#387
10-05-2011, 02:56 AM
What was the video? a Dungey video?

madskrillz2
10-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah him riding a KTM. Guess somebody told the guy to take it down.

madskrillz2
10-05-2011, 06:53 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dphx9H-oe8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>