PDA

View Full Version : Burgard a arms

brewster426
09-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I have a set of the standard travel Burgard a arms. I'm pretty sure I've bent both of them. Would it be possible for someone to please post a picture of the front of your bike that has a set of these arms. It's like the lowers are trying to bend at the shock mount. I know I can fix them. I sure WON'T be sending then be sending them back to izzy because I'm afraid I wont ever get them back.

brewster426
09-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Anyone???

400exrider707
09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Put something flat against the bottom of them, you're right, they're probably bent, the cheap burgards are not the best arm out there, not really aimed at hard core MX guys. I'm surprised the crappy balljoints didn't break on you before now, you must replace them often.

Burgard sells a better arm above those too. (assuming you have the cheaper ones).

brewster426
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
They are for sure bent then. I've never had any ball joint problems. And I'm not complaining about the quality. It's just their customer service is HORRIBLE! I need to go long travel anyways. So I guess I'll just fix them for the time being. Then buy some LT stuff later. Thanks

400exrider707
09-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Typically the lower balljoint that attaches the lower arm to the spindle will break, KEEP AN EYE ON THEM! I've personally seen them break during a race on my buddies quad. Notice the lower and upper balljoints are the same size? They're small.:o

Their upgrade arms have the better joints on the bottom. They're of course more money too.

I wouldn't worry too awfully much about the arms being bent though, its not like they're going to fold in half. It could be a sign of the suspension not being setup correctly or for the riders weight/setup. Could be bottoming more than necessary, that's typically what causes it. I had a set of Houser ST arms I bought a while back second hand that were bent just like this too and they were certainly sturdier than those inexpensive burgards.

brewster426
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Yea I'm sure it bent because I have been goingreally big..bottoming out a few times of course. I think I'm just going to fix them and then gusset them.

brewster426
09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I spoke with someone at Burgard assuming it was izzy. SUPER helpful and all about helping me. He is 100% standing behind his product. Seems like a huge step to fix his customer service issues.

400exrider707
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
That is great news, and thanks for reposting!

Just to add a little info about suspension setup, ideally you SHOULD be bottoming out once in a while, otherwise you're not using the full travel of your shocks. Excessive bottoming and hard bottoms can bend components though...

brewster426
09-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm going with a smaller front tire and I'm going to run a little more preload. Hopefully that will help stiffen them up a little more until I can afford LT

atv fan 28
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Here are mine.

http://i54.tinypic.com/23h0r6f.jpg

400exrider707
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
atv fan, those are the "better" burgards. They use normal size balljoints like the other arm manufacturers.

AtvKid4Eva
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Reading stuff like this kind of makes me mad.

Why would Burgard make two different quality arms when the lower end set are known for bending? I would never put my name on anything i was 100% sure would hold up in the ATV world. That's dumb.

If it were me i would call burgard and tell them u want a pair of the "good" ones in replacement of the "not so good bent ones". Thats how customer service works.

BURGARD Stop making low end parts and selling them! If you have a good grade of a arms, just sell those. No need to sell junk. And give this guy some new a arms!

brewster426
09-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I talked to them last week..they told me that they stand behind their product 100%. They told me they would fix them if I sent them back to them. I just ride so much now trying to get ready for the indoor season that I can't just send them back right now. Let's not bash on them. I talked to izzy, I think, for about a hour on the phone. He told me that he's trying to get the customer service turned around to where it should be. I'm not gonna bash on him. He makes a low budget product so the average person can afford it, from what I can tell. If you want to go spend 600 on a set of standard travel arms then have at it. I didn't have that kind of money at the time so I bought these. I didn't plan on running mx with them. All I was doing was TT and they work great for that. The craftsmanship is great. They aren't designed to be falling out of the sky like I have been doing. Give the guy a chance to make things right.

400exrip
09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
My bike has Burgard Arms, they work great for TT racing, Do not know how well they would hold up in MX.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g453/400exrip/IMG_0393.jpg

AtvKid4Eva
09-29-2011, 06:20 AM
All im saying is there's SO many threads on these forums about bad craftsmanship and products taking over a month to be delivered. You don't run a company if you cant provide customer service. Its simple. You close your doors until you can.

I wish them the best and hope they get their Sh*t together. Good luck guys.

brewster426
09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
When I get to a computer I will post pics of the arms on here..it won't let me do it on my phone