PDA

View Full Version : best way to sell the 250r?

89250rhonda
09-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi all, I live in England and i am selling my 250r so I can buy my first car... Do you think I will get more money if I brake it down and sell all parts seprate or sell it all in one?
The quad consits of quite a few mods which are;
Ohlins front shocks,
Pep rear shock,
Wider rear axle,
Wider a arms,
Douglas wheels (rear two a daneged),
One year old esr trx-5 pipe,
6 month old 38mm kehin carb,
Fresh and just ran in 2.0 over bore
New piston and rings,
Maier plastics with duncan graphics in good condition,
One industris seat cover,
Renthal bars,
Nerf bars,
Standard frame(if sold for parts it would be sand blasted),
Few other mods just carnt remember them as its been in storage for 3 months.

Motofool250r
09-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Well due to the fact your in england i think it depends on the market of people who follow the 250r over there unless your going to ship everything to the USA

if a market to sell the parts is similar to here in the states(which i doubt) you'll make more parting then selling whole as usual. but i think there is not as many people interested in old 2 strokes in england as the states just looking at the member population here.

89250rhonda
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Would people pay for the postage cost?

Fear250r
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm thinking people would only be willing to pay extra postage if you have nice parts, but if there just run of the mill, people will probably just rather buy it here.

profab250R
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Probably best to either sell whole there, following the rule of supply and demand. there is very little supply over there so for anyone who wants one over there is going to pay a premium to get one. your better off finding some over there who wants an R and sell it as a whole and it will probably bring more money and actually sell completely rather than parting half of it out and get stuck with the rest.