PDA

View Full Version : Need input from engine guru's!?

Doug10
09-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Well I picked up a Chinese atv the other day next to nothing and snatched the engine off. Engines in great shape just had a bad ring. Its the same as the engine in our Scrambler 50, Air Cooled 50. Anyways now on to the quesitons....

I am going to do a build on it and then put it in our MX bike when its ready. I need to know what a good combo is for fairly budget minded engine. We are going to be getting a DRR for MX next season and this bike will be ran as a Outlaw series atv so the rules really dont apply much as long as its a 50 or 60cc.

Right now its a stock project on the workbench stripped down to parade rest. I am going to keep the electric start on it. The atv allready has a Malossi CDI on it. I have a like new Malossi MHR 50cc alum. cylinder on the shelf, never been ported on or anything i just need to get a new ring for the piston. I also have a 60cc Yamaha cylinder that has never been ran but its not got the exhaust port size as the Malossi does.

What route should I take with this build for our Air Cooled bike for next season. Whats a good combo to run without having to worry about all the ATVA rules since this is our outlaw series engine and also sand drag bike.

Looking for any and all input.

Doug

MAXRPM
09-19-2011, 11:18 AM
You really need to know if it is Chinese or Taiwanes because they are not the same. If its indeed a Chinese as you stated most people's info will not be correct for you.
Polaris, Eton, Apex, DRR, Kasea, Koplin, Canam, Unili, Dinli, 2-stroke Extemes these are all Taiwanese and a few others.

Doug10
09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Well i supposed i got my nationalities mixed up. Its the same as the stock engine in our Polaris Scrambler 50. So im gonna say Taiwanese.

fastrnrik
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I have a Malossi 50 air cooled cylinder for sale. Was done by Hetrick. When set up correctly it is a fast little 50. I can tell you exactly how to set it up & clutch it and you can go out & hurt peoples feelings LOL.
I also have a brand new in the box Malossi air cooled 50 cyl and a ported Malossi 70 air cooled cylinder. Holler if you're interested.

Doug10
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey rick PM me your #.

Doug