PDA

View Full Version : 2 cylinder

mod300ex
02-24-2003, 05:38 PM
has ne one ever rebuilt a 2 cylinder polars snowmobile or ne thing 2stroke and has 2 cylinders i was wonderin how to do it cuz my girl just blew hers up and she needs me to do it for her lol cuz i know how to use a wrench lol please help if u can...or give me sites i can get info.......i need to know if its hard and little need to know points

tjd400
02-24-2003, 05:58 PM
I've done a bunch It's real easy. The only hard part is getting all the antifreeze out before you pull the jugs. If you only have to pull the cylinders you can do it while the motor is still in the sled.There is not a whole lot of moving parts on a 2 stroke(piston crank) as compaired to a 4 stroke(piston,valves.timeingchain etc.) Just take your time. Keep all you partsin containers and list where they go and take some pics it helps. Might be a good idea to get a repair manual because it will make it a lot easier. If you need to rebuild the crank you will need a puller for the flywheel and a special puller for the clutch. PM me if you need any help on how to do something

300exazzkikr
02-25-2003, 07:21 AM
It's actually very easy, i've rebuilt a few sleds. Take your time and dig in. Let's say she blew only one cylinder and you need to bore it. You need to do both sides to keep it equal on the crank. Just my .02