PDA

View Full Version : Sooo....What next?

DVXchic
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Well, we are done for the rest of the season. What a horrible year with the Can Am.. We finally managed to get the frame rail issue solved by buying BCS front rails....then the crank went out of ballance, ruining the clutch cover, a brand new piston and the cylinder. decided to send crank to BCS and do some other mods to put out more Hp, put it back together Bike was running awesome, till today.........Now we need new cases since the counterballance decided to break and punch itself through the front of the motor :eek2: Anyone else have this happen before, we are beyond frusterated right now. Tyler was tearing quad down and also found the frame broken in another spot, its on the rail that runs down attaching the top a-arm. I will post some pics later if anyone is interested to see.
I think its time to start exploring new ride options, it kills me to say that:(

DVXchic
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I forgot to mention Tyler managed a wicked holeshot and was winning the race when this happened....and the fact that the friggen bike did a complete lap broken, we pulled him off the track, he shut it off, before we noticed what was wrong he fired it back up to take it to the pits, then we saw the problem and shut it off again, lol. How on earth would it run?

blaster99
09-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I have seen it happen before. It sucks, but sometimes luck just isn't on your side. I haven't had too many problems with mine, so hopefully your luck will improve

DVXchic
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
heres pic

DVXchic
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM

florentino
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
stock can am motors are bullet proof, other then the flywheel
bolts and the cluch basket.

but once you start to make some hps. it will not last. but that goes with all brands. but honda will always last longer.

the only way to race on a cam am is to have many bikes.

how many hours do you have on the bike?

and its cheaper to sell your old bike and buy a new one with the race program.

and race motors never last.

if u ever broke your frame and replace the parts. it will happen over and over. and put strees on other parts of the frame.

just my 2 cents

bomberman
09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Ive broke a few of the frame rails that run down the front of the bike and the rail behind it. plus the one that runs under the fuel tank. Only way to fix it is to get stronger rails made.

blaster99
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
By not over tightening the bolts that you replace the rivets with, riding smoothly, and have your suspension set up right is how to keep a frame from breaking. Any brand of quad has frames that break.