PDA

View Full Version : Axle question>

ill_lil_romey
09-17-2011, 09:15 PM
If I have a stock 07 450r swingarm on my ex, should I order a 400ex axle, or a 450r axle. Or does it not matter. because my stock axle works just fine with the 450 swinger.

01boneless
09-17-2011, 09:27 PM
well if it works just order a another ex axle :huh

dxcody
09-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Did you bend youe axle or are you buying a aftermarket?

If you are getting aftermarket, you can pick up a G force 450r axle for like $180 bucks shipped to your door adjustable width and all.

Alot of people diss the G force, alot of people love it. G force offers a lifetime warranty, a TRUE lifetime warranty.. You dont even have to be the original owner or have the reciept for them to send you a new one.

Well thats how it used to be anyways. Last time i checked it was still that way. i got one now, and its wider but very strong and when i had it pulled out, i left one hub and tire on it and it was still lighter then a stock 400ex axle lol

ill_lil_romey
09-19-2011, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
Did you bend youe axle or are you buying a aftermarket?

If you are getting aftermarket, you can pick up a G force 450r axle for like $180 bucks shipped to your door adjustable width and all.

Alot of people diss the G force, alot of people love it. G force offers a lifetime warranty, a TRUE lifetime warranty..

No just a rebuild. im starting at the rear end and working up to the front end then lastly the engine. I dont have any gripe about g-force> I cant justify paying 4 or 500 bucks for an axle. Just for the logo on it, or because it comes with hubs. I was just wondering what all I need to complete the conversion. I plaN on using a 400ex linkage and rear shock. rebuilt, and mx linkage of course. which reminds me. with a +1.25 swinger, as the 06+ R swinger is, is it necessary to run an mx linkage?

CJM
09-19-2011, 05:24 AM
No, the extra 1.25 inches should fix the bucking problem.