PDA

View Full Version : Grand Canyon

JForestZ34
09-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok guys I'm looking for some opinions on what would be the better way to go..

I'm heading out to vegas in november and me and the misses are looking to head over to the grand canyon.. I know it's a pretty good drive but who has been there from vegas and which Rim would you goto? The north or South Rim?

James

OutlawBill
09-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
Ok guys I'm looking for some opinions on what would be the better way to go..

I'm heading out to vegas in november and me and the misses are looking to head over to the grand canyon.. I know it's a pretty good drive but who has been there from vegas and which Rim would you goto? The north or South Rim?

James
south rim the north may be closed for the winter.

CADWELL
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
South Rim....

You may have to get there through Kingman to Williams then north to get there. It is epic, I'd recommend taking a camera. If you've got time to kill, I also recommend hiking a trail...

ROLLIN
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Ive been to the south rim, there's a road that travels most of its length and you can get out and look at a number of lookouts, really cool. I'd start at the east side and end at the main section, stay over and hike down-in the next day. You might check out a town called sedona, too. It's south of the GC maybe 2hrs, very nice. Breathtaking scenery. There's also a scenic road between the two... just north of sedona. You really drive on the edge.