PDA

View Full Version : Anyone STREET RACE ???

foxracingboy
02-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Me and my boys do. We go every saturday night its the SHI T T T.
There are sooo many cars and trucks there.

DGR Designs
02-24-2003, 04:54 PM
i beat a few guys on my 400 before. but some of the rice that shows up at the meets just blows lmfao. pimk slips are better but im not racin any ive seen guys walk home before because of it tho

foxracingboy
02-24-2003, 05:00 PM
He11 yea dude i want to do that to when i get my sport quad.
I have to say there is one bad *** ricer its a lexus IS 300 its got ground effects and all 20 pounds of NOS in the trunk its the **** but hes a little ***** cause he wont race no one he only races 4 money

bluebaron
02-24-2003, 05:43 PM
damn i would only race for money. that would suck .......no car:mad:

tants
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
street racing is gay IMO. you wanna race, do it at the strips, the safe way :rolleyes:

flyin#5
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by foxracingboy
He11 yea dude i want to do that to when i get my sport quad.
I have to say there is one bad *** ricer its a lexus IS 300 its got ground effects and all 20 pounds of NOS in the trunk its the **** but hes a little ***** cause he wont race no one he only races 4 money

bad a** ricer hey? lol i sure hope that ricer knows some stuff about cars like... nos+not gearing up=boooooommmmm and i dont know if its right to be calling other people ricers when you have strobe lights on your rancher.... lol!

foxracingboy
02-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Flyin- lol yea i gusee thats true about the strobs

Glow Plug
02-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by tants
street racing is gay IMO. you wanna race, do it at the strips, the safe way :rolleyes:

yeah i agree with you it's alot safer it's because of these fast and the furious movies :rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
02-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
yeah i agree with you it's alot safer it's because of these fast and the furious movies :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone thinks that they have seen fast and the furious and they can beat anything with some stickers, a wing, and there civic.

foxracingboy
02-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Yall there are more Vets, Mustangs,and Camaros then any kind of ricers

CHAUNCY
02-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by foxracingboy
Yall there are more Vets, Mustangs,and Camaros then any kind of ricers

Thats my kinda racin. not all this ricer junk. No offense intend to all you ricers out there. I know this guy who has on old nova that is fast

Ryan
02-24-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't agree with street racing either. Especially if they are Rice machines :p . It shouldn't be done and it should be kept on the strips.

cam400ex
02-24-2003, 07:15 PM
street racing was here a long time before fast and the furious came out in the theaters just not as noticeable before..

but most of the races i have watched are late night and secluded on highways or industial parks

toby400ex
02-24-2003, 07:27 PM
there is always this chicks boyfriend out in the drive way next to me revving his little ricin civic with the fart can exhaust. I cant stand those people. I just wanna go out there and show him whose pipe sounds better.:D

foxracingboy
02-24-2003, 07:29 PM
SIZE=3]cam:street racing was here a long time before fast and the furious came out in the theaters just not as noticeable before..[/SIZE]
Cam- is right it did start a while back

Jay300ex
02-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I dont drag race on the streets or anything thats stupid, but I have seen it done. Ever since I lowered my truck and got a stereo in it I have gone rollin with my sister and her friend's. Its mostly just driving around cities stopping at fast food joints and going to clubs and punk shows. If there is anywhere where we go faster than the speed limit it is on familiar back rounds and familiar romping grounds. Its fun though, I enjoy driving with people as much just like riding with other people. Except the one difference is there is rules on the road, none on the trails =P

Jay

Moded86R
02-24-2003, 08:39 PM
I am building a 67 pickup right now with a healthy 350 that I plan on running a few times.I don't take street racing lightly and I hate ricers.They ruin it.When we run we in desolate area's away from traffic.And there is always 2 lanes to that both go the same direction.2 lane blacktop is not safe!

CHAUNCY
02-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cam400ex
street racing was here a long time before fast and the furious came out in the theaters just not as noticeable before..

but most of the races i have watched are late night and secluded on highways or industial parks

yeah, there is alot of street racin in the local industrial center where my pops works. When you drive where thay start you can feel how the rubber is burnt on the ground cuzz there is along bump. Its crazy

G.Z.Racing
02-24-2003, 10:50 PM
street racing is the hot ****, i love it, its like a sport all of its own, theres fast cars, gambling, and grls, wat more can u want

Fender Bender
02-24-2003, 11:26 PM
I agree with tants, chauncy, and jay. Street racing is just plain stupid. You guys don't realize how many lives your putting in danger.

If your gonna exceed the speedlimit, do it at the track.......:ermm: :rolleyes:

Jay300ex
02-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Yea definatly take it to a track. You dont see all those Nascar drivers go out in traffic and spin it around every corner and speed everywhere, I guess its just in their common sense. There was an accident near here last summer involving croth rockets. So basically the same thing as screwing around in your suped up car. Well they were weeving in and out of the dividers on this parkway that is like 3 miles long, probably going a good 100mph or so ( this was late in the night so it was just them ). Well they messed up and one of them nicked the other one and they went down, in the morning they found their bikes scattered over 400ft and what was left of their bodies smeared about 250 ft on the pavement.

I know its not really the same thing as street racing cars, but its still, respect the rules, if you want to do that stuff go somewhere designed for it and where you can get help if that stuff happens. Obviously you can get help if your limbs are totally ripped off and are dead instantly, but, does it not make sense?

Jay

Moded86R
02-25-2003, 01:47 PM
I agree with jay.The thing is like I said we don't race in populated area's and we don't race on 2 lane.Street racing is not a game or joke to me.And I hate it when people make it one.

Around here there is nothing to do.Really we have a movie theater and a bowling alley.People at the movie's are ussually ricers and people going out on dates.Same with the bowling alley.The gear heads in my town tend to cruise main till they shut it down.And then head out to a remote spot and run em.Happens every weekend.And I have saw a wreck.It was about an 1/8 mile down from my house.A 70's vette was lining up and a semi came over the hill and hit him.The guy died at the scene.I know street racing is dangerous.I also know the people can and some times will get hurt.It is when innocent people get hurt is when you got to step back and take a look.

This a true story.About 3 years ago a guy was street racing.It was 2 5.0 liter mustangs.The guy ended up rearending a van at over 100mph.Killed both passengers in the van.Turned out those passengers where his mom and grandma.This happened at the same spot the vette did.I don't run there anymore.Others still do.

So all you little ricers need to step back and take a look at what your doing.It isn't a joke.And not a game.

Fender Bender
02-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Well said guys:macho

cam400ex
02-25-2003, 05:59 PM
One question....

1) how many of you guys race around for fun on your quads on public riding area's in the middle of the day???

or should we just ride on tracks.... not want to be rude or make anyone mad just trying to put my point of view out there...

honda350r
02-25-2003, 08:10 PM
You guys worry too much !! I think you should all wear a helmet everyday all day, so you won't get hurt !!

Wussies!! What's that? Did I hear boobing ?? LOL

TORO1968
02-25-2003, 10:19 PM
I will have to voice my opinion on this one...

First off, street racing is just downright stupid, especially when crowds and other cars are present. Second, why don't these "street racers" just take it to a drag strip instead of ruining innocent peoples' lives when they cause accidents.

I'll admit that I get caught up in a stop light drag every now and then. However, I never exceed the speed limit while accelerating away from the light briskly. Is it street racing? No, I don't think so. There's no burnouts, excessive speeds, races that last for 1/4 mile or more, etc.

If I really want to see what one of my cars can do, I take it to the strip and race my friends in a controlled, safe environment where proper precautions have been taken. Legal drag strips are located all over the country, and most have test-and-tune nights where anyone can run their car. It's not that hard to find one nearby...you just have to look.

After witnessing a fellow student in my car club at Purdue die as a result of a street racing accident and hearing more and more about such tragedies every day, I've realized how serious of a problem street racing has become.

Street racing has been around for several decades and it was a problem back then as well, however it never got the media attention as it does today.

Oh yeah, you street racers with your 16 second "rice rockets"...They're not fast, and they'll never be fast unless you dump tons of money in them, so why don't you just stop wasting your time, money, and other peoples lives?

So I'll end my rant with this simple statement: KEEP IT OFF THE STREET AND ON THE DRAG STRIP!!

-Jordan

Moded86R
02-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah, you street racers with your 16 second "rice rockets"...They're not fast, and they'll never be fast unless you dump tons of money in them, so why don't you just stop wasting your time, money, and other peoples lives?

I couldn't agree more.With my truck i am hopinh low 13's/high 12's.Should be possible.

Well I tell you what.You build a track for me to go to in a reasonable time.And I will take it off the streets.Until then I wil continue.That is the biggest problem.Lack of tracks.Not trying to be a smart arse.But that is the truth.

Fender Bender
02-25-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
You guys worry too much !! I think you should all wear a helmet everyday all day, so you won't get hurt !!

Wussies!! What's that? Did I hear boobing ?? LOL

Wussies? no. Smart? yes. We wont be so big of Wussies when you have to go to prison for killing a kid (or any ped) while street racing.

Moded86R
02-25-2003, 10:35 PM
I can see both points in this.The thing is I believe just as strongly street racing can be safe.Not as safe as on a track.Where barriers and medical personal are right there.I have witness and participated in enough streets that where perfectly fine.Been watching them since I was 8 years old.One of the most popular spots is at the end of my road.And I used to ride my bicycle up there and watch them when I was younger.

Street racing is always going to have some degree of danger.So will any kind of racing.Wether it is on a track or not.Isn't that what it is all about.Speed is dangerous.It is a rush.

honda350r
02-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Boo Hoo wimper wimper...GOT TISSUE ?

NTPRacing#19
02-26-2003, 07:51 AM
how many of you guys race around for fun on your quads on public riding area's in the middle of the day???

i dont race around on the roads

Jay300ex
02-26-2003, 01:06 PM
When it comes to getting in an acciendent in any of these extreme sports it really boils down to the fact that you shouldnt think about it all not being a matter if its going to happen, but more like, when it will. STuff is bound to go wrong, but that is the risk I suppose.

Be quiet please. That's going to be the nice way to say shut up, or else we all know what is going to happen to this post.