View Full Version : opinions needed

mxpimp2000
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Opinions needed on black plastics for a mx quad. Does it hold up well and keep its shine or is it easily ruined? Would i be better to go white instead?

TheLane
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
go black, white gets stained too easy.

yfm250rider
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
i have a bike with black plastics looks like crap scuff marks no shine and my white bike looks like crap around the boot area stained brown with mud i'd choose different colors

mxpimp2000
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
graphics will cover 80% of the bike. only thing without graphics would be the tops of the fenders and top of the gas tank hood area

yfzrider93
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
White has been way easier for me to keep looking good. I raced two full seasons on a single set of white oem trx plastic and with the help of simple green, scotch brite pads and dedication to washing the bike completely I was able to keep it looking great. I had black before that and it showed scuffs like crazy and almost turned grey after lots of riding and washing. I've always washed my bikes really well so they look decent but for sure the white bike looked fresher after lots of riding than the black bike did.

HondaRacing83
09-15-2011, 07:13 PM
red holds up well, doesnt really show scratches

ATV Chic
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider93
White has been way easier for me to keep looking good. I raced two full seasons on a single set of white oem trx plastic and with the help of simple green, scotch brite pads and dedication to washing the bike completely I was able to keep it looking great. I had black before that and it showed scuffs like crazy and almost turned grey after lots of riding and washing. I've always washed my bikes really well so they look decent but for sure the white bike looked fresher after lots of riding than the black bike did.

x2 white has held up way better IMO

TheLane
09-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ATV Chic
x2 white has held up way better IMO

must be what type of mud you have. All the tracks here use manure to keep the moisture on the track up. and let me tell you, that stuff stains everything. especially white plastics.