PDA

View Full Version : ampMX Race Oct. 8-9

AMP MX
09-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Alright guys, here it is. We have added 2 Mini ATV classes for our Fall Classic, RD 17 of the SAS/SCCS, on October 8-9. We will not require you to be an AMA member, since your classes are not part of either series, but if you want to be able to pre-enter, you will have to be. If you aren't a member already, there is a link that will send you to the page where you can join online. All you need to do is print off the receipt to show proof and enter your new member # in the box to submit your pre-entry online.

All the details and pre-registration is now up. Links are below.
http://ampmx.com/Event_ampMX_2011-10-fall_sas_sccs/index.html
http://ampmx.com/Event_ampMX_2011-10-fall_sas_sccs/ampmx_2011_10_fallclassic_prereg001.html
http://ampmx.com/Event_ampMX_2011-10-fall_sas_sccs/pdfs/ampMX-2011_10_FC_event_details02.pdf

Hope we can get a good group of you guys to put on a show!! Feel free to ask any questions on here or you can email me at mshue@ampmx.com.

Rich243
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
We appreciate the effort and will be there to race the Mini 70/90 class. Looking forward to it!

edwardsp&b
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
We should be there! I dont think we have any plans that weekend, if a good crowd shows up count us in.

Sidenote, we will not be at Durhamtown for the opener next weekend. Ben's football team has a rematch of the championship from last year. So we cant make it next weekend.

Matt, we cant wait to get there,we may have new motor/bike combo at that race. Hope to see a bunch there.

Bruce, bring Jordan and plan to be there the weekend. We can camp and hang out Friday night. Hopefully some of the Tenn. guys can come too.
Bryan

chunky0071
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Putting it on the Calender hope we can get the Calhoun race worked out with it!

dewutfan
09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey Chuck maybe we need to talk to Andy and ask if he could put us up toward the front so we can run 2nd moto early then get out of there by maybe 9 or 9:30 .. just a suggestion ..

AMP MX
09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Andy was trying to make it a double header weekend, with racing there at Calhoun Saturday night and with us on Sunday, both paying points for their series. It is just too much to ask everyone to do that and those who can't would possibly be upset. But I know Andy and family will be at ampMX Sunday morning too, so I would imagine he would try and work it out for you guys to get out of there early.

On another note and a bit off topic, but some of you may have noticed on our Facebook page that we just launched an online parts and accessories store. Well, right now it is only for our members and we are only offering dirt bike parts and accessories on the site, but we have the ability to get ATV stuff as well. So next time you need something, shoot me an email and tell me what it is and I will see what I can do. We are also in the process of trying to finish up a small retail space at the track to sell some of the things a rider may need while at the track. BTW - we can get anything the WPS (Western Powersports) offer. You can check out their full ATV catalog online.

MATT SHUE
ampMX
mshue@ampmx.com

edwardsp&b
09-15-2011, 01:51 PM
How far is it between Calhoun and Amp mx, we could possibly do both that weekend.
Bryan

Rich243
09-15-2011, 01:57 PM
A little under 2 hours.

dewutfan
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
if hauling a trailer i would say just under 2 hours... map quest says 75 miles 1hr 40 mins..

thequadfather+2
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Count us in, Brady will still be able to run. I will put the word out and try to get a few from up this way.

dewutfan
09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey Rich you guys gonna run both events that weekend ..Wyatts ready... we will be at both ....

Rich243
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
We will be at AMP for sure......as far as both....that remains to be seen. I will let you know when we get a little closer. I would like to and I know Andrew will definately want to.

Rich243
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Bruce,

Is Brady going to race the dirtbike also? I think Andrew is going to do both (KX65 & Drr70)

eightysix86
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
We will be there Sat. for sure!!!

thequadfather+2
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey Rich, not sure about the bike. He doesn't have much time on it on a track. If they have something for a small four stroke-beginner we could probably do that on his little TTR110. We have a stock crf 100 but he has only been on it one time in the yard. Which class would he run?

We have a bunch of work to do. Jordan broke the frame which let the pipe hit on the bottom cross-tube and break. His shocks are too soft and i think they bottomed out.

Bryan, Count us in for Friday night but we gotta get closer this time. Yall were on the back 40...:blah:

EthansDad
09-16-2011, 05:41 AM
hey all,

Just wanted to make sure I'm reading the form right -

Saturday is practice only, and race on sunday starting after 8am rider meeting?

My kids's got a b-day party on sat, but we could get up there for sunday if that is when the racing is going to be.

-EA

dewutfan
09-16-2011, 05:58 AM
If your asking about amp you are right practice is Saturday and racing on sunday .... Calhoun is racing Saturday night if you would like to come to that ....

edwardsp&b
09-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Hey I just received our football schedule last night..........We will be at amp for sundays race but we probably wont get to amp until sat afternoon because of a 10am football game. We will see yall then.
Bryan

thequadfather+2
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM
I work on Sunday but I will get someone to cover for me. We will probably be there Saturday afternoon so count us in for Sunday racing.

Bens Dad
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Ben Cushman 70 and Barrett Cushman 50 will try to come also!

thequadfather+2
09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Brocato will probably be there, he didnt make it last time because his motorhome broke down half way there. He got it fixed but was too late to come on down.

d1g888
09-19-2011, 09:04 AM
ya'll have fun. We will be at the Ohio GNCC nationals that weekend.

AMP MX
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
You guys get pre-entered and I will keep you posted on who all is in. You do NOT have to pay for the pre-entry at the time you submit it. You are basically just filling out the paperwork so you don't have to Sunday morning. It helps us out a little too, so we already have your info entered into the computer and don't have to that morning. :)

hensonfamfun
09-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Well.........I think Connor and I will come down from Nashville and bring our 70. Connor gets back into town Friday night and as long as he gets back Friday we will come on down Saturday afternoon. There ya go Quadfather!!!!! You got room in that RV for two Hensons?

thequadfather+2
09-21-2011, 06:09 AM
oh yea! The trailer will have room for an extra quad as well.

edwardsp&b
09-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Matt, any chance we can get some small track time if we get there early Sat?
Thanks bryan

AMP MX
09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Matt, any chance we can get some small track time if we get there early Sat?
Thanks bryan

We will be having practice from 9am-3pm Saturday. We usually have about 9 groups and we run through them 3 times. So yes, you will get some track time if you want to. It is $20 to ride Saturday's practice.

BTW - Here are the pre-entries we have received so far.

Wyatt Luther Mini ATVs 70cc-90cc
Benjamin Kirkland Mini ATVs 70cc-90cc
Brady Carson Mini ATVs 70cc-90cc
Nate Martin Mini ATVs 70cc-90cc

hensonfamfun
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
We pre registered Connor last night for the 70-90. He rides a 70.For those of you that I have not met we look forward to meeting you all.

Rich243
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Andrew pre-registered for Mini ATV 70 - 90 and 65cc 7-9 on his dirtbike. See everyone on Saturday evening or Sun Morning.

EthansDad
10-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey Guys,

its looking like we're going to have to miss this one. that last race at DP really did a number on our motor. cranks gone, blew a hole in the piston, and destroyed the cylinder/head. I have the motor up at Hetrick's, but I think we're going to run out of time to get it back and going. our 50 CVT motor is out too getting a make over for next year, so right now I have two race ready rolling chassis and no motors :(

-EA

nastynotchback1
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by EthansDad
Hey Guys,

its looking like we're going to have to miss this one. that last race at DP really did a number on our motor. cranks gone, blew a hole in the piston, and destroyed the cylinder/head. I have the motor up at Hetrick's, but I think we're going to run out of time to get it back and going. our 50 CVT motor is out too getting a make over for next year, so right now I have two race ready rolling chassis and no motors :(

-EA

LOL The way he rode that motor should be blown

he was moving out.

thequadfather+2
10-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by EthansDad
Hey Guys,

-EA

Hey Eric I feel your pain. Jordans frame was broken in 5 places when we got home from AMP. Just got the new one from Marc about a week ago. Gussetts going on now, powder coat in a couple weeks and start putting it back together....Best I can tell the shocks were bottoming out. His brother had been riding it while he was out this summer and I had loosened them up a bit for him. Jordan got back on it and it didn't take much...

dewutfan
10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Big Thank-you Ampmx for letting us join the party... we all had a blast and hope you feel we are worthly to come over and race again in the future... you guys run a class act and loved beening apart of it.... we had 9 on the gate and i feel if this gets out that you are gonna be letting us race there... it will only get bigger each round...