PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Yfz

dxcody
09-14-2011, 09:53 PM
this may have already been posted, but im not in the yfz forum much.. more on the 400ex forums, but i just ready that the 2012 yfz450 is carburated?? Whats up with that..

Dont blieve me??

http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/yamaha-2012-yfz450-sport-atv.html

I HAVE to be missing something here.

dxcody
09-14-2011, 10:00 PM
ok never mind i guess i just didnt realize that, the only ones that had aluminum frames, and YFI ae the SE, X and R

my bad but man that weirded me out.. I was like why would they go back to carb. from FI lol

It is nice to know that you can still get a carb model though because i personally am not a fan of FI..

Nothing starts faster than a perfectly tuned yamaha with a carb

Kovatch
09-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Price point... They probably have perfected the production process of the YFZ and know how to keep costs down which will attract a lot of attention since not everyone these days is willing to shovel out $8500 in the spring. The TRX450r is at $8000 and for many, they may not care what they're buying but that the new YFZ is $1200 or so cheaper than anything else.

Surprisingly, which I can never understand, if it is an "R" model, why they heck to they still offer the crappy Dunlop tires? When there was an R & X, they should have put MX tires on the R, and trail tires on the X. That's my only gripe.

Maybe we can get some factory support this year at the Nationals.....

RosquistRacer39
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Kovatch

Maybe we can get some factory support this year at the Nationals.....

I highly doubt that which sucks. :(