PDA

View Full Version : 426 build going good

dxcody
09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Alrighty, as some of you know, I am in the process of my first full build.. Got everything except the motor done.

My question is, how does this sound to you guys and what am i missing?

Fresh cylinder, GT THUNDER studs, Cometic gasket kit,
P&P head, with new valves and seals. Stage 2 hotcam
Bored to a 426, and a cometic gasket kit, with a brand new 02 crf450 timing chain.. Oh and new timing guides and tensioner

Does this sound like i have done everything right?

Would you guys reccomend putting a spal fan on there right away or is it ok if i wait until this winter?

01boneless
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
sounds good dude! just make sure you re lap the valves and break it in good and ya i would do a spal or a larger oil tank realy if you had the money do them both just to be sure it stays cool.:D

Stickman400
09-14-2011, 06:52 PM
You could also get an 04-05 450R carb., but you don't need one. It's just icing on the cake. But for the motor itself you're done.

CJM
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Gets my seal of approval.

dxcody
09-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Good good! :D

Im just extremely happy that i know i have done this one right, and everything should be as if i get a new quad because i have never rode a 426 before.

Had a 416 11:1 and stage 2 cam, so hopefully this thing will be just as sickk. Going to go ahead and get the Spal fan i suppose, put to much work and pride into this one for (god forbid) anything to happen to it.. Maybe the larger oil tank and cooler not sure on that one yet

Thanks guys, and as for the 450r carb, i was really really debating on that one.

Think i will hold off until i get my full HMF or FMF and then it will not only be icing on the cake, but it will be very very good icing on the cake. lol

:blah: UGHH!!! so pumped to ride, but i dont get my cylinder back until sunday evening.. Well worth the wait tho

Oh also looking for a set of stocker heel guards.. Looks like the classifieds is my next stop.

426kidz
09-14-2011, 07:59 PM
I have some pm me...heel guards