PDA

View Full Version : Ltr-zilla

HondaPohl
09-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I can get an LTR450 roller for next to nothing. Have to trade some electrical work. Im a two stroke guy and was thinking about stuffin a 500 in that baby. Ive seen some 250 hybrids but the punch of the 500 would be something to see. Any of you guys seen one or have any info? Greatly appriecated.

89trx250r
09-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a hell of an idea the handling of the ltr450 and the power of the zilla motor would make for a hell of a ride only thing is you have to make sure the pipe clears or have a custom one made it would be an awesome project if you do it right

trx/lt500r
09-14-2011, 09:04 PM
anything is possible however this will be a tough conversion.
Here are what i think are the major hurdles with this hybrid.
-the rear shock mount will be in the way of the carb on the LT motor. You will have to relocate the mount.
-You will have to turn some bushing for the rear swing arm bolt as the ltr bolt is larger than the diameter of the lt500 motor. You will have to use a smaller diameter bolt to fit through the motor and use bushings in the frame and swinger. You may be able to use an trx swing arm bolt but that may be two short and may have to custom make even the bolt.
-Custom pipe or the LRD LT500 pipe may fit believe it or not.

If you ever start this build please create a build thread, this convertion would be awsome.

headache
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Do it! Thats all i have to say lol

jesshamner
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
You should definitely do it. I'm a big fan of the power of the LT500 motor. I just hated the size of the quad itself.

HondaPohl
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
I will definetly start a build thread. The roller is pretty much a lock but finding a motor is next. The only suzuki Ive ever owned was a quadracer so this build will really be trial and error. Sounds like TRX/500r is real familar with these so if I have questions, I will be askin! I got the tools and the skills so we will see what happens. My wife will be pissed but who cares. :D

800screws
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
check out quadracerhq.com might find an engine there....and some info...dr.q looked into this conversion...i think someone else on there started it as well....

mcb92
09-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I have been wanting somebody to do this build for a while. I think this would be the ultimate hybrid IMO. Does anyone have pics of anybody who has put an LT250 motor in a LTR chassis???