PDA

View Full Version : bike floods a lot

sangheraent
09-14-2011, 03:07 PM
in the last 2-3 months my bike has been flooding a lot. If i give the race at start up when its cold and it doesn't fire up it won't fire up no matter what, if i let it sit for 10-15 mins it will fire up first kick.

If I load my bike on my truck in the morning without a warm up, when I unload it wont start without a 10-15 min rest.

however 99% of the time my bike will start first kick no throttle.

it never does this when its warmed up. if i get the bike warmed up without incident it will run all day without problems.

what is causing this flooding? none of my other bikes do this. I have changed the plug and checked the reeds and the bike has tons of compression.

mx91a
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Check to make sure the float height is set correctly, the pintle valve moves freely and the viton seal at the end of it is in good condition.

sangheraent
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
if the float height was wrong wouldn't the bike run out of gas when I am WOT for longer then 5 seconds?

I can hold it WOT for 15 seconds before I run out of land and it never runs out of gas. I got a 38 A/S. I also race a ton of MX and it never hesitates or bogs. never overflows either.

my banshee if the floats aren't set 100% correct will either overflow or run out of gas before it reaches 6th gear. (2x34mm PJ)

It has me stumped.