PDA

View Full Version : What to Do???

ride red
02-24-2003, 02:34 PM
I have a 400ex with a WB race cam,rev box, JL 11:1 piston,and a yoshi slip on but I think I'm gonna change to a full sparks system. I drag race and am thinking of getting into some racing too at a local race track and am thinking of porting and polishing my 400EX. Is it worth to get done and who is someone good to send it too to have do it? On drag racing around here we have to go against 250r and cannadales and I'm tryin to make mine atleast run with them...thanks

Sparks425Ex
02-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Sparks is a great Pipe to look at. Might I also suggest the Hetricks Pipe. I have a full Sparks 416 and I will be changin it to a Hetricks 426.(Not Just cause I am sponsored Either)

As for Porting and Polishing. I recommend Hetricks But Sparks is great to.. Sparks wait is forever long unless ya got some connections(HEHE) You could also look into Pro Fab ATV. They make some great motors as well.

Give Hetricks a Call. Tell them Justin Stewart sent ya and they will hook ya up.

www.Hetrickracing.com

02-24-2003, 03:24 PM
a good mild port is good with a stock or modified carb..anything else is over killl...

If you plan on putting on a larger carb...go with a full race port...more money but it will work great with the larger carb..;)

ride red
02-25-2003, 02:59 PM
If I would go with the new pipe, full bore and a new carb would I notice a big difference from what I have now. Also for everything how much do you think I would be looking around $ wise.