PDA

View Full Version : Dang! This just isn't our year....

thequadfather+2
09-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Well Saturday started out OK. I did a little yard work, cleaned out the garage and watched a little football. After lunch we loaded up and went to the grandparents house where our practice track is. Spent a couple hours just making laps, trying to get jordan back in shape and riding hard.

Time for a break, they jump off the bikes and start playing. Jordan attempts a running jump across a creek.....

A call to 911, ambulance ride to the local ER. A helicopter ride to the nearest children's trauma center and surgery to repair an open fracture of his left leg.....

He has been out of his arm cast about a month.

bloodswet&gears
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And everybody worries about them getting hurt on the quads.

Sorry to see that happen. I know that is painful.

Rich243
09-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Tell Jordan we hope he feels better and heals quickly. Our group seems to be getting banged up a lot here lately......and not from riding.

greenmachine70
09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
MAN that hurts just seeing the xray. Hope for a speedy recovery and healing.

edwardsp&b
09-13-2011, 06:35 AM
I cant believe that! Thats so awful, Bruce tell him to chin up. I know that he is feeling pretty bad right now.
Bryan

jake55
09-13-2011, 07:13 AM
wow, that sucks. hope he has a speedy recovery!!!

coffing918
09-13-2011, 07:27 AM
omg just jumping over a creek,, poor lil guy, hope he feels better soon

chunky0071
09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Man that sucks hope he gets well soon.

fastrnrik
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Holy crap.... Man that sucks! That poor kid has luck like me. I hope he heals up fast.

EthansDad
09-13-2011, 10:07 AM
damnit! He was just coming back up to speed from the last go around! That hurts just looking at that x-ray.

From all of us, wishing him a speedy recovery.

-EA

thequadfather+2
09-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys. He is in a wheel chair and should transition onto crutches over the next couple weeks.

He will have to go back and let them remove the hardware in a couple months and we'll see how it goes after that. Hopefully he will be able to get back on the quad and start ridding around the end of December. Until then he has a little brother that loves to ride his quad.

Again, Thanks for the encouragement.

Bruce

EthansDad
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
ya know, I have a few spare motors laying around. If Jordan would like, we'll come over and mount a CVT to his wheel chair.....Just ask mom first..

:cool:

hotquads1
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Get Well soon from the Hot Quads crew. That is gonna be one tough kid, need to save all the x-rays for his resume'.

jplltz50
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your son..........i think crappy 2011 is going around like a plague. Our season at Atco mx was going awesome my son Joe won 8 races then in late June my wife was diagnosed with a rare breast cancer and since everything has sucked, I have been having nothing but problems with the quad the last five races, Joey's heart and head is not into it without his mom at the races and just last week said he no longer wants to race. I think we'll finish the season and take time off next year. My wife has to go through chemo for 20 weeks ending in December then surgery in January so I think we've decided 2011 sucks and we look forward to 2012

thequadfather+2
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
A broken leg doesnt compare to what your family is going through. I hope everything goes well.

Through it all I still realize how lucky we are. After-all, this year has been tainted with devestating injuries like Clay Pearson at steel city and Hunter Freeman at Dade.

After jordan broke his arm in June and now his leg in September I had a friend tell me he knew we would be glad when 2011 is over, maybe we can start fresh and have a good year. At the same time I realize it could be worse.

jungleboy213
09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Dang...Noah was looking forward to racing against him this winter.

Jordan, keep your head up. Just a bump in the road.

Bruce, you know how fast these kids heal. Noah broke his arm at Ballance and 4 weeks later, he was winning local races. If I broke my arm, I'd still be in a cast and whining about it.

thequadfather+2
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I know, I would be out of work for a year. Arena cross doesn't start until November so he should just miss the first part of the season. We hope to be back ridding by the end of December and should be able to finish out the arena cross season. Maybe that will get him back in better shape for the 1st round of the nationals.

His brother is ready for arena cross and there is a pretty good group of kids that will be there anyway, make plans to be there.

jungleboy213
09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Will do...Just waiting on the schedule to come out...

Ride1Rob
09-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Man that sucks :( . But you need to tell the truth.... You were chasing that boy around trying to get him to wear an Alabama shirt and he was trying to get away. BAD DAD! LOL We'll be praying for a speedy recovery ;)

STOCKRACING917
09-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Gosh Bruce hate to hear that. Tell him we are thinking of him and to get well fast!!

d1g888
09-14-2011, 08:00 AM
he better be ready by January 1, 2012 because my Jordan said he is going to be ready to start training with ya'll.