PDA

View Full Version : Throttle/little hands

Christiansdad
09-12-2011, 03:03 PM
What different type of throttle assemblys work best for the little hands. I bought a universal twist throttle kit once but went back to the thumb throttle. The thumb extender works ok but he cant hold on to the handle bars all the way..need somthing short and sweet thats easy to push up on

fastrnrik
09-12-2011, 05:15 PM
TRX 90 throttle or Max RPM sells one.

selbygirl
09-12-2011, 08:23 PM
did you try taking the thumb throtle and turn it up back towrds you . to where you dont exstend your thumb as much.. a buddy of mine gave my boy some strips of grip tape to put on the throttle . the stuff they use on steps or on skate boards . he loves it that way . plus max rpm makes a nice thin grip

redonkulousruntsracing
09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
What selbygirl said. If you have the huge arse Apex grips still on it, definitely ditch them in favor of some small, this grips. The Maximum RPM ones are nice or the cheapie $8.00 Scott grips work great for little hands. Makes it much easier for them to hang on.

Christiansdad
09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I didnt even think about the bulky grips..I checked max rpm website for different types of throttles and didnt show up anything. I seen the locking grips..pretty cool but for 20 to 7.99 and the wire works 12 bucks cheaper..If a trx 90 throttle will seem easier than the stock i might have to check out ebay

selbygirl
09-13-2011, 05:40 AM
i would get the locking type . i use to glue our grips on , we were at a race and i seen my boy come off a jump and almost wreck .when he came back to the pit i sed what happen.. he sed the hand grip slid off . i just feel safer with the locking type. they make other locking grips. i see you are a g-force team rider they shoulde hook you up with a set . take care tommy

chunky0071
09-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by selbygirl
i would get the locking type . i use to glue our grips on , we were at a race and i seen my boy come off a jump and almost wreck .when he came back to the pit i sed what happen.. he sed the hand grip slid off . i just feel safer with the locking type. they make other locking grips. i see you are a g-force team rider they shoulde hook you up with a set . take care tommy

You need to safety wire your grips and they won't come off!

fastrnrik
09-13-2011, 09:04 AM
The TRX 90 one works good and can be found pretty cheap on ebay. We run the TRX setup on our Cobra. The Max RPM one is great too, we have 3 of them on our CVT's. They're not on his site but he sells the throttle & adjustable cable for like 75 bucks which I think is a good deal. Also, you may want to trim the spring in the carb. Our Cobra had a crazy stiff spring and it was HARD to push. I trimmed some off until it was easier to push. Do a little at a time until you like it. Also, I think someone mentioned it, but roll the throttle up toward the rider so when the throttle lever is all the way open it is in line with the grip. Make sense? That way their little hand/thumb isn't trying to push the throttle lever past and underneath the bars.
Also the ODI or Max RPM lock on grips work great. We have used the cheap $10 Scott grips too. They're thin and work fine. Glue & safety wire em on and ride out.

I know what you're up against, we went through the same stuff. To this day if his bars/throttle/controls are not in the PERFECT spot, he's b.itching about it! LOL
Good Luck

nastynotchback1
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
We run the e-ton throttles on all 3 bikes and it is super easy to press

Christiansdad
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
The eton throttle is what we have on ours with the thumb buddy but it passes to far past that point for him. I did get a set of low profile grips wired on. I checked out the throttle for the trx 90 on ebay. All the honda Assemblys look just about the same..whats the part number for the CABLE you need to make this work with a keihin carb

fastrnrik
09-13-2011, 05:11 PM
G Force has the correct cable.

Christiansdad
09-14-2011, 07:57 PM
I put a yamaha blaster throttle..works great.. he hiked the thumb up a little at the starting point but it's right there at the half way point under the hand grip at full throttle. Perfect fit...its like it was made just for that:p now my wife needs a throttle..Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys