PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion on Quad Videos

BShipmanFilms
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Hey ATVRiders!

My name is Blake and I released a quad video last Winter titled "The ATV Movie: Revolutionary". I had a great time shooting the film and when it was released I had a lot of great comments and feedback! That being said, I'm going to release another at the end of this year but will not be just riding and music. What would you like to see in a new quad video?

Thank you for your opinions in advance!

Blake

madskrillz2
09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I really like seeing behind the scenes stuff. Like stuff that goes on after a race, leading up to the race etc. Mainly right after a moto so I can see who hates who haha

mcwilly
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
LOVED "The ATV Movie"....one of the better ATV videos out there in my opinion.
I'd like to see more mini footage. I think there was only one Huevo's movie that had mini footage. There's a lot of impressive mini riders out there.
More candid/behind the scenes/pit talk footage. Not your typical 'interview' type atmosphere, but almost like they didnt know the camera was rolling and discussing the days riding/racing or just BS'ing.
Maybe even some non-race or non-ride day footage. What they do the day before to prepare for a race. Or show a riders/racers other toys/hobbies and what they do when they're not racing or practicing.

sexysilverado45
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
/\/\/\
Sounds cool.

300racer
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
i like to see some xc racing in the video! liked the 1st video but i'm an xc guy!

jzexrider
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Loved the movie. I agree with everything mcwilly said. And the "behind the scenes" like madskrillz said. AND GOON RIDIN!

KingpinsEx
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Your first movie was excellent, however if you are looking in a different direction, I do like the behind the scenes too. And I am not even talking about at the track. I like seeing what the top riders do to prepare for racing...

yellowzo3
09-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Definitely some behind the scenes stuff... Maybe something like "A Day in the Life..." sort of thing

fastrnrik
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
LOVED "The ATV Movie"....one of the better ATV videos out there in my opinion.
I'd like to see more mini footage. I think there was only one Huevo's movie that had mini footage. There's a lot of impressive mini riders out there.
More candid/behind the scenes/pit talk footage. Not your typical 'interview' type atmosphere, but almost like they didnt know the camera was rolling and discussing the days riding/racing or just BS'ing.
Maybe even some non-race or non-ride day footage. What they do the day before to prepare for a race. Or show a riders/racers other toys/hobbies and what they do when they're not racing or practicing.

Excellent ideas above! Carpe Diem 2 was cool because it showed them goofing around off the track.
A good mix of things. My son and I like the racing the most- MX, TT, XC, even the mud racing. Personally I think the freestyle stuff sucks. We click right past it. Yes, I know it's hard and takes skill, but ya seen one backflip, ya seen em all far as I'm concerned.
The earlier Huevos movies were great but then he got all artsy fartsy with stupid angles and too much slow motion LOL. Heck the last one I bought (#12 I think) was just a Polaris infomercial LOL.
Oh, and music is cool, but make it where we can hear the bikes over it.

JLanphear
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey man, I think I remember your name from way back. Did you used to do sick quad artwork or something like that?

rollie
09-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I think it was carpe diem 2, where they go to some little local tracks that nobody has ever seen before, i think that's pretty sweet, also i think the ATV world has had enough screaming music in quad video's, so some different music might be cool. huevos also killed the slow motion technique. i think like someone else said, if you keep it like the older huevos 5 and older, it will be a great movie

BShipmanFilms
09-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Yep thats me haha

bbender85
09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
hey blake, loved the movie. apparently my buddy did too because i never got it back, lol. my only gripe about it was the audio levels... i'd turn it up to hear the interviews then the music would come on shake my windows, lol.

anyways as far as a different direction.. my first instinct was as mentioned above.. the behind the scenes type stuff. that's what i love about the ATV-24/7 show.. i assume you've seen it on vimeo.

personally i am a huge fan of perspective shots... especially with the consumer cameras available now like the gopro and contour. not just helmet-mounted either; i forget which huevos it was but they had cameras watching every control and shock, i though that was neat.

i'm not sure what you use for precision motion equipment.. a scene from revolutionary sticks out in my mind, guys on can-ams.. awesome shot. definitely dig that stuff.

that and you need a helicopter. lol. no big deal, right?

BShipmanFilms
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Ya was definitely a problem with audio but that's all fixed now. The new layout is as such.

The title is "Moving 4Ward"

6 Segments
Freestyle
Dunes
Moto
SX or Supermoto (undecided)
XC
SideXSide

madskrillz2
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah I forgot to compliment you on your first movie. I like it better than all the Huevos movies I have. I think the behind the scenes stuff would be a great way to go in a different direction. I know Premis did it with "Beating the Odds" but that was a long time ago and the only one I really know of.

ThumPIN_450R
09-12-2011, 09:43 PM
where do I go to but said first movie? Having not seen the first one I love watching stuff like the moto: inside the outdoors on speed and for me nothing has topped national born killers yet.

mcginty33
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Definitely an amazing movie Blake! Loved it, including a lot of the ADTR songs lol

I like the behind the scenes stuff too, it kinda gives a good perspective a lot of people don't get to see. Looking forward to the next one!

TheLane
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
The ability to pay and stream it from your website would be amazing. or pay and download it, I would buy every single atv video if i could just download the things.

TheLane
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
oh and wtf is the band and the name of the song on the atv mx 2010 vid?! its awesome! ( so is the vid of course)

BShipmanFilms
09-12-2011, 11:33 PM
As I Lay Dying "Confined"

Blake

nkillian9
09-13-2011, 01:35 AM
awesome movie, liked the tqra footage as well,

Brad77
09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
I really enjoyed the previous movie. One of my favorite things about it was the price and how easy it was to buy.
$5 at Walmart
That is awesome !

HondaPohl
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I always like seeing real redneck riders from deep in the south. Cleetus type chit. No shirt no helmet doing crazy *** jumps on trikes and wierd stuff. Thats funny. Oh yea and boobs is always nice.

rollie
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
The ability to pay and stream it from your website would be amazing. or pay and download it, I would buy every single atv video if i could just download the things.

Good call!!!! i downloaded On the Pipe 5 on itunes, it was like 8 bucks and i didn't even have to go anywhere!! DEFF get your new movie, and your old movie on Itunes, then promote it like crazy, i mean lets be real, the only reason i don't own your first movie is because i hate going to wal*mart, but if its on itunes nobody who rides a quad really as any excuse to not buy it

IRISH-RACER-14
09-13-2011, 06:05 PM
anywhere to watch some quad films online?

MX MaNiAc 06
09-14-2011, 06:23 AM
I must have missed your video. Where can i pick up a copy? I try to support all the companies that make videos so we can all keep watching them!

Its always cool to see other talents that the riders have. If they kick *** on a sled, dirtbike, bicycle, snowboard, wakeboard or whatever its cool to throw in a couple clips of them doing their thing.

patrickj75
09-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Some TT racing footage would be cool. Nobody really covers it in the ATV movies.

IRONFLIGHT2
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
more 30 second card girls

DirtyBirdRacing
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I must have missed your video. Where can i pick up a copy?

X2 Is it still at walmart? whats it called?

BShipmanFilms
09-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Its at throttletv.com and wal-mart in the $5 bin

TheLane
09-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BShipmanFilms
Its at throttletv.com and wal-mart in the $5 bin

any chance it will be up somewhere for a paid download?

BShipmanFilms
09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Not sure yet but I'll post updates as I know.

Blake

Ichoptop
09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
supermoto, supermoto, and supermoto.

TheLane
09-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
supermoto, supermoto, and supermoto.

its an atv video dummy!

fastredrider44
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
its an atv video dummy!

They do supermoto ATV's too, dummy.

Definately needed some XC love in there. I liked the way the last video was broken up with the interviews inbetween the sections. I personally think it would be cool to have the video all mixed up. In other words, have different parts of the discipline scattered throughout the film so you never get tired of mx or freestyle for instance. Bonus features are always cool too. Things that got taped and just didn't make the cut don't neccessarily need to be left out. If you need some XC racers... :p

Scro
09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
CRASH scenes!! :D

KingpinsEx
09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Like someone else said, I'm sure you could get some inspiration from The Moto: Inside the Outdoors on Fuel tv. In my opinion that is the best show ever made, which if you put them all together could be a movie. I like ATV 24/7 but they just talk to the racers at the track, they don't seem to really get inside there heads.

TheLane
09-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
They do supermoto ATV's too, dummy.

aw :( well now i DO look like a dummy:ermm:

fastredrider44
09-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Just playing man. They haven't hit the bigtime in popularity yet, but they are definately fun to watch.

HondaPohl
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Holy ****. Just found that ATV movie in the 5 dolla bin at walmart. Who would of thought. Never found **** in that bin that was good. Cant wait to watch it.