PDA

View Full Version : g force rim

EXinMB
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
i bought rear 8 inch g force rims from rocky mountain and in less than a week, well really only an hour at the track with 4.5psi in the tires and they are bent bad wont hold air. on each rim theres a big flat spot and 2 small dents pretty much identical and only on both inside beads of the rim. i am getting new ones under warranty from rocky mountain but i dont know if i can get different rims or if there sending me the same ones. does anyone else run these rims and have problems. they say there engineered for all types of riding including desert and xc. one guy i used to race with welds aluminum rings look kind of like a beadlock rim but justa reinforcement ring. anyone think its worth it or should i just get better rims

Scro
09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
You may have to try running a little more air pressure. The rim is probably hitting the ground when you land.

audioworks04
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
They are great wheels, but they are not made for the mx rider. They are designed for desert and xc just as they are advertised. For a mx wheel you should look into something with reinforcing rings or beadlock. You can try running more pressure like recommended and may solve your problem, but then you wont be able to tune with air pressure.