PDA

View Full Version : Let Polish dry?

ill_lil_romey
02-24-2003, 01:25 PM
When you guys polish I know you supposed to polish until you get the black residue, but do you let this dry before buffing off?

02-24-2003, 01:41 PM
when i polish just using mothers and a rag...before i found the ease of a dremel.....i applied it..let it sit for about 15 minutes...rubbed it in..then let it sit for another 10 minutes..then got a clean rag and rubbed it off..it seemed to work pretty good but very time consuming....heres the difference between rubbing with rag and a dremel

this was with a dremel

02-24-2003, 01:43 PM
rag...and elbow grease

ZRider400
02-24-2003, 01:44 PM
rag...

ZRider400
02-24-2003, 01:45 PM
dremel:D

toby400ex
02-24-2003, 02:37 PM
ok, so if i get some stripper and some mothers polish, all i have to do s take the paint off and then rub in mothers.:confused:

02-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
ok, so if i get some stripper and some mothers polish, all i have to do s take the paint off and then rub in mothers.:confused:

no...get the stripper to remove the paint...you still hvae to sand it down..start with 400 and move up to 600...and keep going if you feel the need less scratching...one you get the metal how you want...a few small scratches or no scratches...then apply the mothers..rub in..let it dry...and get a clean rag to rub it out

luvmyex
02-24-2003, 03:13 PM
LRD whats up with the "West coast bling'r" Man mother just does not do it. You really need to see what real polishing does.Your doing ok with what you have but your not a blinger yet.:cool:

02-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
LRD whats up with the "West coast bling'r" Man mother just does not do it. You really need to see what real polishing does.Your doing ok with what you have but your not a blinger yet.:cool:

yea ok.....mothers works great all my stuff comes out 100% mirror..those pics arent realy the best..i was in a hurry....the next thing i polish with mothers(my oil filter cover)will be perfect mirror....guarantee it will look just as good as somethin done with a compound...ive seeng things doen with a compound...this looks just as good...and its cheaper...i dont hvae a job so mothers works great.....and zrider400's engine mounts...were both done with mothers....he took a little bit more time than me but like i said....i was in a hurry

blastersrule
02-25-2003, 01:08 PM
nether of yours look good lrd, they both look like you polished them with a wire brush:rolleyes:

02-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by blastersrule
nether of yours look good lrd, they both look like you polished them with a wire brush:rolleyes:

haha ok..isnt it you that has 250r fronts on his ex....just wondering

02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
wire brush right:rolleyes:

DantheEXman
02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
LRD whats up with the "West coast bling'r" Man mother just does not do it. You really need to see what real polishing does.Your doing ok with what you have but your not a blinger yet.

Yeah... what he said... You work is good for just using mothers but honestly give it a try with the right wheels and compounds... You will be amazed.

02-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DantheEXman
Yeah... what he said... You work is good for just using mothers but honestly give it a try with the right wheels and compounds... You will be amazed.

cool....yet my clutch and break cover are perfect mirror...i took my time on those....so yea....im going to try a compound soon once i get my polishing kit for my dremel simply because the compound comes with it

Str8Wicked
02-26-2003, 05:39 PM
If you want it to really shine you have to put some sanding and other work than just stripping and polishing.... It's the only way to make the stuff look like chrome. Also it's easier to polish after that..

02-26-2003, 06:10 PM
:o