PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up the clutter

Christiansdad
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I was wanting to know a simple way to take care of all the wire's , lights..etc and just have the cdi,coil and kill switch to run. I tore it down and putting it back together now..just somthing simple and more human..any advicw would be greatful

tomtom79
09-11-2011, 12:47 PM
What year is it?

Christiansdad
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I have two blasters exactly the same(older style with headlight on the handlebar) about a mid 90' like a 96 :D

Christiansdad
09-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I got a few things from a guy of ebay selling the vito brand stuff. The Tors idle kit and top cap for the carb. This was suppose to go away with the stuff on the carb i recken and a short rear brake cable that goes to only the back brake. And a top end kit that adds compression also just when i put new piston and rings in.

Christiansdad
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
I just love talking to myself..80+ (and counting) guys checked out this forum and dont know nothing. well i figured it out my self. I unpluged every wire, box etc except the cdi box and coil. Everything ziptied up went well. The tors unit is off and i drilled out for the idle screw and a top cap..pretty simple process and more stuff went bye bye. The rear brake cable vitos make was real nice.

hawaiiysr
09-28-2011, 02:38 AM
sorry to see your talking to yourself:( looks like this section does not get much postings. from time to time i take a peek in here as i use to ride a blaster myself. it was my first quad and i bought it brand new with the help of my dad. that was sometime ago. i was 15 going on 16 and now i am 30.

blasterforum i believe has the most traffic nowadays. however it seams like alot of posters are abit immature. back in my blaster days blaste******** was the forum of choice or macdizzy.com before it went to a pay site.

it seams easier no make a fast blaster today then it was before. lots of new parts like bolt on big block cylinders and suspention parts. before it was strickly mechanical brakes and port jobs. you had to do your homework to know what parts worked or what would bolt on from other quads. Vitos just started coming out with parts when i sold my blaster.

you did the correct thing when it comes to eleminateing wires. you can also add a dirtbike style kill switch. doing so will eleminate the blasters stock on/off switch and light switch. it really cleans up the look of the handle bars.

here is a picture of me jumping. think i was about 18 then. my blaster has since been sold. till this day i still regret selling that fun reliable machine. i now ride a trx250r. if you need help with your blasters pm me. perhaps i can help.
http://thumbnails48.imagebam.com/15142/e64048151416189.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e64048151416189)
Aloha!

Christiansdad
09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
well I kinda was doing everything for my wife but since I put the pipe on there with the twist throttle I kinda wana ride it...that thing is the shlts...lol...it woke it up from the dead..the plastic came off ebay for 160 shipped:good deal I think..but the only thing I have to do is get a kill switch or button and fix the rear brake..i put the short style cable but must have missed something putting it back together? I don't have but 400 in two blasters, 400 in parts and wrench time.

Christiansdad
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
this is the parts blaster...or was used for parts and bolts..if someone needs something let me know..make a fair offer on my time taking the parts off and shipping them

hawaiiysr
09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
you need to adjust the caliper. the rear caliper has a round cover on it. take that off. a round white gear type part should be in there. that is the part that needs to be adjusted. its kind of a pain in the ***** to set it. as you spin that gear it will stick out further. if you keep spining it completely around it will drop to be flush with the caliper internals. you have to spin that gear around sintall the cover and try your brakes. if your brakes dont work do it again. you have to find a sweet spot with that gear. its kind of a pain to do because you have to keep taking the cover on and off. youll figure it once you see the parts. GL let me know how it goes.

too bad i live on this rock in the middle of the ocean. i would buy that parts blaster from you. my kid could use a 80 mod and i could use the blaster motor in one of my YSR50's.