PDA

View Full Version : Which triple rate with or without rezzy?

wgbanks
02-24-2003, 12:49 PM
In a previous post I was convinced that new shocks will increase my riding pleasure. I have a real question as to whether I need dual rate vs triple rate and rezzy vs no rezzy? I am looking for some input. I have a 400ex looking at bumping it to a 416. I go about 230 with gear and am looking at Hare Scrambles and some woods/trail riding with some buddies. No MX or huge jumps. Does my additional poundage make the rezz necessary? Thanks for any input.

02-24-2003, 04:14 PM
id def get tripple rate with rezzies i got works and they are great for the price, rezzies are important if you race because they keep the shock running cooler , ,in xc shocks will fade anyway so i dont know how much it matters but for mx it will help since your constantly jumping, if i was u id get elkas with rezzies

QuadTrix6
02-25-2003, 11:48 AM
YES def get tripple rates, if you can't afford rezzies then get em without save some more $$ and later send them in to have the rezzies put on, and yea it will be like riding a different quad ;)

toby400ex
02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
think of it this way, you will prolly never regret buying them with rezzies. Man stock shocks fade so bad they become useless:mad:

Ex'r Marlin
02-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Well, I am close to your weight and definetly, they will increase your riding pleasure and maybe improve it too!:)

I too run XC races with my 416 and recommend the triple rates, though dual rates will still be a huge improvement. I also like the "Zero Preload" or "Self Sagging Device" (SSD) feature some shocks have... This should lower your atv some. I have the rezzies, which makes sense if you can afford it, especially if you do long trail rides and XC races.

Note: If you run any of the GNCC races, they may have a rule about not being able to run stock class with the rezzies. Obviously, with a 416, you will not be running stock class. As for other races... You should have no problems!:)

Good luck!:)

wgbanks
02-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Great feedback. I appreciate it. Rezzies here I come.

wheeltrax
02-27-2003, 11:50 PM
i figure if your gonna do it... do it right.. go rezzy!