View Full Version : GENUINE HONDA SERVICE MANUAL -vs-

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
GENUINE HONDA SERVICE MANUAL
Item number:360386120793
-VS-
CLYMER ATV SERVICE MANUAL
Item number:230440806485

Are they diffrent? are they the same? what one is better if they arnt the same?

DnB_racing
09-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I have both, for a few models, and I can honestly say sometimes on unfamilar models I use both, the factory has better ilistrations , but the clymer has better tricks and how to do's

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I have both, for a few models, and I can honestly say sometimes on unfamilar models I use both, the factory has better ilistrations , but the clymer has better tricks and how to do's

Ok, So for useing it to put the ATV back together you think the factory one is better to get and recommend picking up the Clymer version at a later time?

DnB_racing
09-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DirtyBirdRacing
Ok, So for useing it to put the ATV back together you think the factory one is better to get and recommend picking up the Clymer version at a later time? if your handy and mechanically inclined, but just need good pics for reference, then yes get the Honda service manual,

but the clymers does give some good tips and tricks to make your life easier,

I would say it depends on you and what you have for tools

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 02:21 PM
if your handy and mechanically inclined, but just need good pics for reference, then yes get the Honda service manual,

but the clymers does give some good tips and tricks to make your life easier,

I would say it depends on you and what you have for tools

My friend's dad owns a Auto shop and I Can use anything want. I have had my 400 apart for close to a year now and just want to make sure I know to to put things back together correctly. lol

05DodgeDakota
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I would say buy the clymers and then download the honda one, as it is easiley found online for free

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 05DodgeDakota
I would say buy the clymers and then download the honda one, as it is easiley found online for free
I downloaded the honda one in a PDF file and its really poor quality, some words are ran together, and cant really fallow the diagrams you know of a good sorce to DL one at?

05DodgeDakota
09-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I downloaded the honda one in a PDF file and its really poor quality, some words are ran together, and cant really fallow the diagrams you know of a good sorce to DL one at?

No, mine is pretty crappy too, but it was free right? also mine is for a 99-01 but not much has changed.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 05DodgeDakota
No, mine is pretty crappy too, but it was free right? also mine is for a 99-01 but not much has changed.

True you really cant complain for free and I have an 01 so it works for me haha.

Baileygunns
09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Try this one... It's off of my 4shared account and came from my computer so I know it's clean...

http://www.4shared.com/document/7ct1lhkS/Honda_TRX400EX_manual.html

05DodgeDakota
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
Try this one... It's off of my 4shared account and came from my computer so I know it's clean...

http://www.4shared.com/document/7ct1lhkS/Honda_TRX400EX_manual.html

yea that's the one I have. No one has the manual for a newer 400ex for download :(

CJM
09-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Its the same engine, they didnt change a thing except reverse and still its the same thing.

Like I said in your other thread, its pretty straight forward anyways. If you have some mechanical ability you will be fine.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Its the same engine, they didnt change a thing except reverse and still its the same thing.

Like I said in your other thread, its pretty straight forward anyways. If you have some mechanical ability you will be fine.

Yeah, I dont just want it for the HC install I do need it to put my puzzle, I mean Quad back together and make sure if i run across any question I can quickly get answers with out haveing to be near my computer
Looks Basic but im sure ill have a few moments where i go Huh O.o?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/lord-inuruku/Quad%20trip%202010/IMG_7585.jpg

CJM
09-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Yea, that might be a problem lol.

DnB_racing
09-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Yea, that might be a problem lol. the biggest problem are the smallest pieces,LOL
the nuts, bolts, and spacers,and all the tiny little parts...

the problem with your puzzle is the tin can filled with all the little incidental pieces,

good luck!!

then driving it out of your attic will be fun:D

DirtyBirdRacing
09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
the biggest problem are the smallest pieces,LOL
the nuts, bolts, and spacers,and all the tiny little parts...

the problem with your puzzle is the tin can filled with all the little incidental pieces,

good luck!!

then driving it out of your attic will be fun:D

Yes.. still figuring out how to drive it out.. any ideas?! lol

DnB_racing
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes.. still figuring out how to drive it out.. any ideas?! lol this is probably going to sound a bit eccentric, but i always wanted to make an atv coffee table:devil:

05DodgeDakota
09-09-2011, 06:47 PM
this is probably going to sound a bit eccentric, but i always wanted to make an atv coffee table:devil:

I like the V8 coffee tables