PDA

View Full Version : New project for myself.

teamexileracing
09-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Okay so today i picked up a 300ex for $300. The good thin about it is that if i spend my money wisely i may be able to come out with some extra profit.

The good: solid engine with a mild port job, fmf powercore, jetted carb, K&N filter on open airbox, strait frame with no cracks bends or welds, front suspension is complete with brakes and rims.

The bad: Need a whole new swingarm set up (currently has a 400 or 450r rearend) need shock, swingarm, carrier, axle, and a complete rear brake assembly. Also need some plastics, tires all around, rear rims, grab bar, on/off/start switch assembly, throttle cable, handlebar grips, battery and a key assembly.

So i will post of pictures pretty soon. Im looking for parts if you see anything listed that you have please PM me with what you have and a price.

Also im looking for input. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to just part the bike out? I know i can make my money back just from the engine! That doesnt include the frame, front suspension and the rear 400ex suspension.

teamexileracing
09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
i got to thinking about it after i made that list of parts i need and decided im going to part out the bike. a list of parts is in the classified section

Drfat400ex
12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Part it out man! I bet you could get at least $800 if you parted it out.

Drfat400ex
12-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Oh didn't read that second post. I guess you're doing that anyways then haha.