PDA

View Full Version : PC Auto Tune ??????'s

sket615
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
i here everyone talk about the power commander auto tuner but when i look at the web site they say that the auto tuner works only for the pc 5 and when i go to order both it say they only thing for my bike is a pc 3 wtf?? is it because it an 07 or what hope you guys can help im sure you can thanks

blholtz
09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
You can use the PC5 and the auto tune on your quad, all the connections are the same just order it and you will be good to go.

sket615
09-10-2011, 03:57 PM
So your saying I can run a pc5 for a 2009 on my 07 thanks again

blholtz
09-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by sket615
So your saying I can run a pc5 for a 2009 on my 07 thanks again

yes you can. I did the same thing for my 08 and it worked fine.

When you set up the pc5 with your lap top DO NOT ACTIVATE the rev extension feature in the program. It will make the pc5 try to find rpm input from a crank position sensor and it will not run for crap.

Went the long route trying to figure it out.

sket615
09-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Ok thanks man but will that cause it to still have a rev limiter

blholtz
09-11-2011, 01:07 PM
no if you activate that feature in the pc5 it will tell the pc5 to look for a rpm input from a crank position sensor.

The pc5 get its rpm input from the duty cycle signal from the ecm to the injector.

if you activate the the rev extension feature the quad will idle just fine but when you hit the throttle it will pop snap and die out on you.

When I got mine I activated it thinking that you had to because of using the rev extension plug that is dynojets version of the Yosh cherry bomb. The rev extension plug is not monitored by the pc5.

Actually the feature in the pc5 is not named properly and will confuse you.

sket615
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Ok thanks so much man I will be ordering it and I'm looking forward to riding this quad I haven't rode it since I bought it I was blowed up so I had Donnie Norman build it with co 13.75:1 piston ported head cams crank rod yoshi and all that good stuff that he did to my Honda nationals bike and yes I'm a Honda die hard fan but my buddy Cody Gibson loved the switch from a Honda to Zuki even tho he rides for team kawi now but thanks slot guys for the info got any good ideals for the Zuki let me know thanks