PDA

View Full Version : Made your reservation yet?

DoubleDad
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels

don bassani
09-08-2011, 05:16 AM
That is why we take our RV !

thequadfather+2
09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
My parents have a condo there and we stayed in it a couple times, we have already got the keys!!!!

coffing918
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Omg so glad u posted this. Is there any other hotels close by.

jerkyboy
09-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by don bassani
That is why we take our RV !

And eat before you go to the banquet.

Jody there are plenty of hotels around. Talk to Ethans parents they stayed at one that had some sort of waterpark in it.

DoubleDad
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by coffing918
Omg so glad u posted this. Is there any other hotels close by.

Any place you stay in Pigeon Forge will be within a mile of the Grand. Just pick your favorite hotel chain and there should be one there. Here is the website for the resort with the waterpark,
www.wildernessatthesmokies.com/. It is a little pricey and to me wasn't worth it.

edwardsp&b
09-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with you Mr Bailey. I thought the same thing when I priced that hotel last year. Wife wanted to go there anyway, and I was glad we did. Cleanest hotel ive ever been in, we were extremely happy we stayed there. The price to stay there includes waterpark passes for the whole stay. If its in your budget you wont be disappointed.

Bryan

DoubleDad
09-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Bryan, The resort looks really nice, but I didn't stay there, I just got the rates and determined that's not what I wanted to spend , that's what I meant. We weren't going to be there long enough to thoroughly enjoy their amenities. My wife agreed with me or we would have stayed there as well.

edwardsp&b
09-09-2011, 09:40 AM
I wasnt bashing you Mr Howard, just letting you know the experience we had. I too was wondering about spending the money on those rooms, but once there I was impressed. Point is if you go, that is a great place to take the family. It got me out of spending bundles on the go cart tracks!
Bryan

DoubleDad
09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
No worries Bryan, I knew what you meant. My original comment about the resort was misleading and needed a clarification. The resort is top notch and if you have kids, or if you are a big kid like me, this is a great place to stay. I hear you about the go cart tracks, that's probably the biggest expense of the whole trip. But it's all about the kids, so it's definately worth it.

Take care and I'm sure we'll see you at a track soon.

Davy

EthansDad
09-10-2011, 08:24 AM
yea, we stayed at that dirty hotel the first year we went. to boot, we got the "honeymoon suite" and the whole weekend got to play "guess that stain". never again.

We also ended up spending a boat load of $$ on all sorts of touristy stuff that first year.

The next year, we stayed at the water park hotel. much nicer place, and all said and done, I spent much less on the trip because the kids where happy with the water park instead of doing all the touristy stuff. also, a lot of their racer friends there, and we even got a pic of Eric McCrackin (ATVA announcer) on the wave surfer. The kids liked seeing him eat it for some reason...

And eat before you go to the banquet.
And yes, Jerky is spot on with that one...