PDA

View Full Version : Formal apology on my behalf about 2 years ago, 1988 250R museum quality for $1250

BuDDy L
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone. I am now 20 years old and will be turning 21 in Feb. I wanted to get this sort of guilt I guess you could call it off my chest everytime I come to this forum. I am now in my third year of college and have been doing very well in life. I bought myself a few more bikes and have been enjoying riding. A while ago I made a post about receiving a R from my uncle for money owed (1250) or something like that. It was really a quad that some collector emailed me pics of and you guys found the same one. It was a stupid joke and I was only 18. I know 18-20.5 isn't really a huge jump in maturity but, heck, I feel I have matured alot since then. Now that i go to school full time and work full time, things are different. I am not the same stupid kid that used to lurk this forum. I wanted to take the 5-10 minutes to make a sincere apology and rethank all those who have helped me with restoring my 89. I am sorry for what i did in the past...I hope people can see it was a dumb joke that even I realize today wasn't funny whatsoever. If you guys don't know what this whole thread is about, well then you didn't live to see my epic fail...for those who have and know what this is about, I'm sorry

-Buddy

pdxbigfoot
09-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Sometimes admitting you were wrong is the first step to becoming a man.
It takes integrity (something you can't have without being honest to YOURSELF) to stand up in front of the class and say "sorry"

bloodswet&gears
09-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Good Job man. I remember this situation. We all make mistakes. Thats part of being human. For you to realize and apologize is cool in my opinion.

For so many people to read this post and not reply means they dont forgive you or they dont believe you or something.

I hope they all forgive you. Life is a learning process. I bet you we have all done something similar to what you did.

You did the right thing I think.

If you truly love 250r's like we do don't ever sell it. No matter what kind of bind you get in. I made that mistake twice. Dont fool yourself. YOU WILL MISS IT.

Good luck.

BuDDy L
09-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Thanks man, appreciate it, the reason I feel a lot read it and didn't say anything was because they didn't see it before. I only had it up for a little while and had minimal viewings. Nevertheless it's in my past but every time I come to this section it haunts me...now that I'm moving away from child immaturity, slowly, I thought I could do something like this. Oh, and I will NEVER sell this lol, all my other bike go wayyyyyyy before this one, and even after the other ones are gone, I'll think of something lol
Originally posted by bloodswet&gears
Good Job man. I remember this situation. We all make mistakes. Thats part of being human. For you to realize and apologize is cool in my opinion.

For so many people to read this post and not reply means they dont forgive you or they dont believe you or something.

I hope they all forgive you. Life is a learning process. I bet you we have all done something similar to what you did.

You did the right thing I think.

If you truly love 250r's like we do don't ever sell it. No matter what kind of bind you get in. I made that mistake twice. Dont fool yourself. YOU WILL MISS IT.

Good luck.

destey
09-08-2011, 06:27 AM
What'd he do?

Fear250r
09-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by destey
What'd he do?

He basically came on and said he just scored a mint, never touched '88 or '89, can't remember, for almost nothing, but when in fact, he just took pictures off the internet.

I commend you for apologizing. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was, but at least you've owned up to your mistake.

troybilt
09-08-2011, 06:54 AM
People do stupid stuff that's what makes us human. No worries man, forget about it.

It was a nice bike... :D

BuDDy L
09-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
People do stupid stuff that's what makes us human. No worries man, forget about it.

It was a nice bike... :D

Why yes it was... Beautiful

Ruf Racing
09-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Good for you! ;) Admitting the truth, is maturing.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I must be missing something here, cause in NC, what makes a man or how much of a man you are,,, is dependant on how many rolls of duct tape you got in your pickup truck.
:D I try to keep a roll in everything I drive.
Neil

DoonRider
09-08-2011, 09:44 AM

...or maybe they knew nothing of the original thread, and therefore couldn't comment.

After reading what happened, I think you are doing the right thing and I'm glad you learned from it young man.:)

Just don't post any pictures of that Yerf Dog...

atvmxr
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
or maybe they just dont care.... ;)

BuDDy L
09-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by DoonRider
...or maybe they knew nothing of the original thread, and therefore couldn't comment.

After reading what happened, I think you are doing the right thing and I'm glad you learned from it young man.:)

Just don't post any pictures of that Yerf Dog...

Both of them are gone lmao, they were complete junk, one was a parts bike and the other was complete. 50 dollars and 10 minutes, out of my sight lol

bloodswet&gears
09-08-2011, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoonRider
[B]...or maybe they knew nothing of the original thread, and therefore couldn't comment.

..........or maybe they were out riding or racin their TRX 250R.
..........or maybe they were buying parts for their TRX 250R.

Heck they might have been on vacation. Or playing golf. Not sure.

They were definitly doing something it was at 96 views.

Something?

DoonRider
09-08-2011, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoonRider
[B]...or maybe they knew nothing of the original thread, and therefore couldn't comment.

..........or maybe they were out riding or racin their TRX 250R.
..........or maybe they were buying parts for their TRX 250R.

Heck they might have been on vacation. Or playing golf. Not sure.

They were definitly doing something it was at 96 views.

Something?

Or it means "they dont forgive you or they dont believe you or something. " Wait, you said that already.

That was a bit presumptuous, so I wanted OP to know that there wasn't 96 viewers still angry with him. Sorry it angered you.

Fear250r
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I read it last night, but was too tired to bother commenting.

sangheraent
09-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I read it, I knew what happened but never actually saw the original thread. I wasn't offended so I never bothered to comment.

profab250R
09-08-2011, 11:01 PM
The maturity is within the feeling of guilt. the admittance is the acceptance of your own guilt. Thats a big foot forward. Life is about learning lessons. smart people learn from mistakes and make theirself a better person.

fastredrider44
09-09-2011, 07:51 AM
The fact that you didn't change your name and carry on like nothing ever happened says a lot. It definately takes courage to do what you did.

BuDDy L
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
The fact that you didn't change your name and carry on like nothing ever happened says a lot. It definately takes courage to do what you did.

Thanks man, I just felt its time to move on...away from the past