PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or.....

user101
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
has this place died down to hardly nothing. I remember when there used to 2 pages of new stuff in the open forum everyday. It looks to me like most of it has become over run by kids and their typical nonsense. Where has everyone gone to? Has everyone just gotten out of the sport or what?

Pappy
09-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Traffic is still good, but the economy, back to school (happens every year) and nothing new on the market has alot of stuff dead. 400ex and 250r section seem to be rolling along strong

IMO, Facebook has overtaken forums for the most part.

BlasterEaten250
09-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah I remember when there used to be rows and rows of people browsing the open forum.

HondaRacing83
09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
it was a hell of alot busier than when i was smit. i dont think this is over run by kids? the youngest on here is me and finster i think. were both 14. me and him have got to be some of the most contributive of real information of younger people, we dont really have the super stupid people anymore. traffic could be better..

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
it was a hell of alot busier than when i was smit. i dont think this is over run by kids? the youngest on here is me and finster i think. were both 14. me and him have got to be some of the most contributive of real information of younger people, we dont really have the super stupid people anymore. traffic could be better..

I thought you were the super stupid people....anyways yeah it will pick up again in the winter when people are locked back inside

HondaPohl
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Screw FB and Twitter!

yellowzo3
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
A lot of the forums I'm on have died down significantly in the past couple years. The atv scene as a whole seems to be hit the hardest out of the sites I visit though.

Out of all the quad forums that were running strong a few years ago, this is the only one I still visit... The only traffic on the other sites was a skeleton crew that have been posting there for years.

You could sort of see this coming for the quad forums though. There were A LOT of new sites coming out at once and info and people were scattered all over. I guess the breaking point for the new sites was around the time when the creator of the Central sites (Z400, YFZ, etc...) made DS450 Central and a couple others and no one joined or posted. If you check out the site you'll see that the last post (other than spam) was over a year ago.

I don't think its really school this time though. The site has seemed dead for a while... Around here the sport seems to be dying out rapidly and there's really nothing new happening with the industry. Kind of sucks seeing as I'd really like to get back into it :ermm:

But it doesn't look promising with less and less places to ride and a shrinking community. Just doesn't seem the same...

OldGuyonaQuad
09-06-2011, 02:38 PM
the only constant in the universe is..... change
all though my HS science teacher would have argued for Pii

HondaRacing83
09-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I thought you were the super stupid people....anyways yeah it will pick up again in the winter when people are locked back inside how? i didnt buy a raptor.

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 03:04 PM
you didn't buy anything your 12....don't get me started kid:rolleyes:

HondaRacing83
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
you didn't buy anything your 12....don't get me started kid:rolleyes: im 14, i actually did though.

BlasterEaten250
09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
As much as it seems the online world and race world is shrinking, I have noticed a lot more trail riders on the state trails this summer. Most are older, cheaper quads though.

crlt250r
09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I personally got completely out of riding for almost 7 years after my oldest son was born. Granted, I did have the Big Reds, but they only got started up if I needed to move something heavy in the yard. Now, suddenly these two quads practically landed in my lap, and awakened the bug. Even my boys, 5&7, are very interested in getting into the sport. Santa is bringing them a couple of rides for Christmas this year :D

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 05:51 PM
you gotta start them young.. I got my neice an electric raptor when she was 2 and I just got my nephew some off brand electric bike for his first birthday. he doesn't understand the his foot on the peg is mking it move but he jumps on and takes off and he loves it.

finsteratv
09-06-2011, 07:11 PM
you didn't buy anything your 12....don't get me started kid:rolleyes:
i've been buying my own bikes parts and gear since i was 12 from my "lawn mowing buisness" and logging duing the summer along with helping wth other odds and ends. so tommy dont get stereo typical about teenagers and us not buying stuff. i've worked hard enough i dont wanna hear that $hit.

i still remember ridin my powerwheels atv around the yard and my little jeep, made a snow track when i was little and thought it was cool goin through snow and my sand box haha.

rollie
09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
The sport as a whole has calmed down quite a bit, and this forum, but there is still the core group of riders/racers that will be here, and once people have more money to waste, more quads will be sold.

It is deff crazy to look back and see, like when i started getting into quads, a 250r was the nastiest thing you could buy, when i started racing in 2004 it literally blew up, so many people, factory rides, new teams/pros/quads popping up everywhere, the WPSA's had a HUGE part in that i think, and when they collapsed, things started going down hill.

dan harris
09-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Quad riding and Racing is still Alive and thriving at the Breezewood Proving Grounds !! We still get more quads then bikes at the park on most weekends. But that could be cause of fewer and fewer places allowing quads to mx.

This is the first year since 2005 that our rider turnout hasn't grown from the previous season. I'm sure its the economy and the high unemployment. I'm sure the sport will survive and begin to grow again once the economy gets better !

Just a quick reminder that the 24th and 25th of this monty Breezewood is having a QUAD ONLY WEEKEND - come on out and show your SUPPORT OF THE SPORT !!!! Hoping to see and meet lots of quad riders. We have a quad only race that saturday night with a $1,000 payout in the open money class !!!

KXRida
09-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Honestly, out of all the guys I ride/race with I'd be surprised if maybe 5 of them actually still continue to race/ride out of a group of approx. 40 or so. I've been out of riding for over a year and a half. Mainly just tired of getting hurt and really don't have the time for it anymore. I'd love to get a side by side or an upper line utility. Something for work and play, but my days on the race bikes are probably over.

dan harris
09-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Kxrida - thats sad - we'll miss ya at the track !!

01boneless
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83

not pointing fingers here but i agree with tommy your one of the few know it alls and dont know as much as you think :eek2: (no offence)

426kidz
09-07-2011, 07:36 AM
although I dont have many post...I have been on here ever sense I can remember, sneaking on m bro's uername and checking things out I work 65hrs a week and I still seem too find time to jump on every once and awhile...Im sick today so i will be on ALLL day,lol:D

KXRida
09-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Kxrida - thats sad - we'll miss ya at the track !!

I know I miss packing up the night before and heading to the track bright and early to blast around.

HondaRacing83
09-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
not pointing fingers here but i agree with tommy your one of the few know it alls and dont know as much as you think :eek2: (no offence) plenty taken, because out of what you said you have absolutely no room to talk.

theduke300
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
yawl dont be pickin on the younger ones. im 13 and ive bought all my bikes,gas and parts myself. i mow yards,log,and by and sell cows and calves. i aint been on here but just for a couple years, but im on here every day.

sly400ex
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Not that there aren't good people on here now (which there are many of them), back in the day there use to be a much closer knit community on here. I use to live on here, not a huge poster, but it was so fun just to browse. Those days are no longer for me. :(

01boneless
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
X2

people take things to serious or are inmature lol
i for one come on to help and get help and i think steve pappy cjm trailrider and many more for the help

ridehonda400ex
09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Everybody, lets get along. Who gives a crap if their parents bought their quads and parts and gas. I wish my parents wouldve but oh well. Im 16, Pay my own gas for driving and riding, Bought my own vehicle, pay my own insurance, buy my own shoes, pay to take my girls on dates. I buy everything for my quads and bikes. I buy my own tools too. And let me tell you, i'll let my parents buy me something if they want, but they dont. Not that theyre bad parents, They just dont have the money I guess. Plus I like to buy own stuff because then it is MINE, and i dont have to share with siblings haha:D

JR3
09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
happened with our group someone got married and said it wasnt gonna matter hes a diehard blah blah and hes only rode once with me all season when we use to ride evry weekend another guy in the group had a baby so i dont even have to explain why he aint been around ether and each of them guys always brought 3-5 people with them i considered good friends but dont go to the track or riding in general without the other 2 people so bassicaly ruined the group

trx310R#24
09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
back 3 years ago i was on all the time... now i work 60 hours a day lol so... plus i never ride cuz i dont have time to put the 10 projects that i have together lol.... oh well one day :p

Quad18star
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Other than using my quad to plow my driveway in the winter, I haven't used it in 4 years. If it wasn't paid off I'd have sold it a long time ago.

Life gets busy and priorities change. I used to be on here several hours per day, now I'm lucky if I spend an hour a week on here.

user101
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Traffic is still good, but the economy, back to school (happens every year) and nothing new on the market has alot of stuff dead. 400ex and 250r section seem to be rolling along strong

IMO, Facebook has overtaken forums for the most part.

Aight, I was just curious what had happened. I don't do the facebook thing so I'm out of the loop I guess, lol

honda400ex2003
09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
i feel that the community here is still good but has definitely got smaller. people just get busy and have other things to do alot of times. I know i havent been on here as much the past 3-4 months as i used to be. I am on nightly to browse quickly but if i dont find anything that hasnt been covered i wont reply.

I have met quite a few nice guys on here and wouldnt know them otherwise. i wish i could ride with them more but distances, money, and time all come into play for all of us. some are starting families, others, still in school, some just starting school at different stages. I am almost done with college finally. one more year left for me but alot of my friends are just getting into college and will be busy for a while again.

some dont have machines any more, others dont have time to ride or fix them, some want to get different ones, others have no interest in riding any more.

alot of variables come into play for different people. relationships can too, alot of different things come into play. for me, ill always ride but its not like that for alot of people.

steve