PDA

View Full Version : broke headlight riding this weekend.

07400exryder
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,

I was riding this labor day weekend and the guy in front of me lost control of his quad (inexperience) and it ended up coming back down the hill and I happened to be the first thing in its way. It hit the front bumper pretty good and it broke the two lower pegs off of my headlight where it sits in the rubber grommets. I was wondering if you guys have any solutions to fixing it without having to buy a whole new headlight. I was thinking of trying to drill it out where they mount and running a screw or bolt in where the plastic used to be. Thanks alot

tri5ron
09-06-2011, 12:58 PM
post a pic, and some members may be able to come up with some different possibilities.

CJM
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Same issue, I fiber-glassed mine and put two threaded inserts in there and voila just like new.

matts27
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I drilled 1/4" holes, ty-wrapped (zip-ties) the headlights from the under-side. Most my plastics are kept together this way, works well. Matt

07400exryder
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I fixed it up with a couple washers and two 3/4" drywall screws i drilled into the headlight itself. It will work until next time i get hit anway! Then i might have to actually buy another one but until then this should work. Thanks alot for all your help.

Stickman400
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I broke those little tabs off on mine and didn't even know it. I looked at it a couple times and wondered why the thing was flopping around and what those grommets were for. But mines been just fine with nothing but the bolts holding it on.