PDA

View Full Version : will a CR250 powervalve cylender fit on a 86 250r bottom end?

NTPRacing#19
02-24-2003, 09:09 AM
me and ntp22 were thinkin about this yesterday. i woudl think the cr250 powervalve would crank so much nut out of that motor.

airheadedduner
02-24-2003, 10:02 AM
spongebob on rriders did it. I think he said that the 89-91 cylinder bolted on, but you have to fix the PV open. It was an all top end cylinder even when ported for low end. I am thinking dune motor:devil Banshee's beware

roostu
02-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
spongebob on rriders did it. I think he said that the 89-91 cylinder bolted on, but you have to fix the PV open. It was an all top end cylinder even when ported for low end. I am thinking dune motor:devil Banshee's beware

Airheadedduner do you remember why he had to fix it open all the time?

~Roost-U

ieatglue
02-24-2003, 01:34 PM
the 87-91 cylinder will fit on the trx bottom end. the problem with the powervalve is it is mechanically operated of the bottom end of the cr motor. you have to have the powervalve holes plugged therefore you will not have a powervalve. the port layout on the cr cylinder is similar to that of a pro-x clinder. i had a cylinder ported by paul turner and ran a ftz fatty pipe and only ran it on flat track or TT races. it makes alot of top end but nothing for bottom end. it also has a hell of a hit when it comes in. it would be an excellent choice for drag racing or flat track. i don't know what it cost to get the plugs put in because i bought mine already done and then sent it to paul turner to port. you might be better off checking on a cylinder from esr since they use the pro-x cylinders since the port layout is about the same. if you have the cr cylinder then check with ftz because i think that they can plug the holes for you. www.ftzperformance.com i think thats their website. sorry this is so long but i am trying to give you all the info you might need.

ieatglue
02-24-2003, 01:38 PM
the ftz website is www.ftzracing.com sorry about that. theres not much info there so you might have to call them.

Bean
02-24-2003, 03:41 PM
the bottom end mechannically operated that year of CR PV's, soon after it went electric, but the TRX bottom end does not have the mechanical stuff to work the PV, so it must be held open all the time, which is almost pointless, IMO, its either complete CR motor in R frame, or complete R motor in R frame to me, also, why not just save up for a CYL. that was built for the R?

roostu
02-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info!

~Roost-U

NTPRacing#19
02-24-2003, 06:55 PM
well we were thinking about a way to get more power out of it for MX and we just wanted to know if a stock CR PV cylinder would fit on the bottom end of the R for $$ reasons. now that i know what is goin on with that i think its pointless